Has anyone got Steel Crittall Style Doors?

4 posts
balhamite
Options:
Share this post on:

Has anyone got Steel Crittall Style Doors?

Postby balhamite » Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 am

Hi

We are going through the process of planning a kitchen extension and I love the look of the steel crittall style garden doors which I am seeing in a lot of interiors magazines at the moment.

It would be great to hear from locals who have these style of doors as I would love to know who supplied them and if you are happy with them. I have had a range of quotes and they are looking pretty pricey and I can't find local showrooms where I can view them so I am wondering if getting timber doors made in a similar style would be a more sensible option as I don't really want to buy without testing them out first.

Would love any advice and tips!

Thanks
Beegey
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Has anyone got Steel Crittall Style Doors?

Postby Beegey » Mon May 22, 2017 6:53 am

Hi there

We have recently had some installed as a part of a kitchen build/renovation. They look great but obv have not stood the rest of time yet. They are not real Crittel (which cost mega bucks) but and aluminium knock off. They were good value but the service from the company we ordered from was dreadful and the delays really held up our build.

They don't have a showroom and it is a leap of faith ordering 'blind' (though you would be welcome to come and see ours). We are based in Teddington.
mylifestory
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mylifestory » Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 am

The company to go to for anything crittal / metal is West Leigh based in SE16 - its a commercial place so nothing like house renovation prices. I don't think they have a showroom but can tell you where they've done a property like yours nearby. Theyre a third of the price of others! Theyre doing my front windows soon. Speak to 1 of their technical guys there if you want to find out more 020 7232 0030
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby monaco » Mon May 22, 2017 12:08 pm

i am interested in that information too! @balhamlite could you let me know from which suppliers you obtained quotes? Just starting our research on this.

Thanks
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.