Thoughts on reusable nappies please?

8 posts
LissyMint
Options:
Share this post on:

Thoughts on reusable nappies please?

Postby LissyMint » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:49 pm

Hi There, Natures Purest has recently opened a store on Balham High Road selling organic baby products. We are being asked if we stock reusable nappies and we think it could be a great idea.

We'd love some feedback from mummies in the know. Did you use them? How did you find them? What were your essential items?

We are looking at Little Lamb Bamboo nappies as these seem to do consistently well in customer trials and offer value for money.

We want to make sure we're stocking what you, the parent, would like to use. Any feedback would be gratefully received.

Melissa. :D
Superunknown
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Thoughts on reusable nappies please?

Postby Superunknown » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:12 am

Hello
What a fab idea!! I use little lamb bamboo nappies with both my daughters. I pair them with motherease wraps though as I didn't get on with the little lamb ones as they wicked at the legs (a common complaint).
LissyMint
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LissyMint » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:44 am

Thanks so much for your reply and the info regarding the wraps. I had heard that their wraps had issues so i will definitely look into the Motherease ones.

Many thanks for your help and I hope you're able to pop into our Balham store when you're in the area.

Best wishes,

Melissa.
fromheretothere
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby fromheretothere » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:20 pm

Hello

I use reusable nappies called G Nappies http://www.gnappies.com
I find them very good and easy to use. I have both disposable inserts and washable inserts. I like them as they are quite breathable compared to others I had seen, although I am not an expert. The best thing though is that when my son got very painful nappy rash (we had switched to disposable for a while at the time as we were moving home and it was easier for a few weeks) as soon as I switched him back to washable nappies the rash disappeared very quickly. No need for any cream (actually washable inserts don't go well with barrier cream).
I would have loved to be able to find them in a shop rather than buy online - delivery costs every time - and also I believe if you can show the product and explain how to use it, then many more people might decide to go for it.
It costs more at the beginning but I found that after just 3 months I had completely paid off my investment compared to if I had kept with disposable nappies.

Good luck
J.
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pod » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Hello great to hear you'll be stocking cloth nappies - we use bumgenius nappies as they are an all in one pocket nappy and very quick drying - bamboo nappies take longer especially if line drying.
I'd avoid stocking totsbots, we've never got along with them and the five we have always leak as do my friends who've tried them too!
We also use cheeky wipes reusable wipes which are amazing so if you're able to stock those am sure they'd be popular - and the hands and face kits too !
Look forward to popping in soon!!!

Erykah
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Erykah » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:24 pm

Over the last 4 years i've used:

Little Lamb
Motherease
Tots Bots
Bum Genius
Little Bloom
Blueberry

They all have their individual strengths and weaknesses. You can now buy Tots Bots and Little Bloom on amazon and Tots Bots in Tesco and Bots so i think they they are universally pretty popular and the velcro on their tabs is very hard wearing. Personally I think they are great nappies.
Stock a range of popper nappies and velcro. Pocket nappies/2 parters and all in ones. also stock stock good basic cheaper plain ones as well as the more expensive pretty ones!
mummyjen
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mummyjen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:52 pm

I think it is a great idea to offer reusable nappies but in my experience the ability to try before you buy is really valuable as certain types/ brands of reusables work better depending on size and shape of your baby. Have you thought about perhaps offering hire kits of a few different types? There are plenty of online retailers offering this, but it would be great to be able to go to a store and do this. Just a thought.
LissyMint
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LissyMint » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:27 am

Thank you all so much for your comments and advice, it really is very much appreciated!

It is also great to hear just how many mums are taking the reusable route. We love to keep things as green and natural at Natures purest, so it's lovely to see that you ladies do too.
Did any of you use the wet nappy bags / buckets etc that you can get from these companies? I'm also looking at bamboo breast pads (they feel so soft). Has anyone had any experience with these?

Thanks so much ladies! Hope to see / hear from you again soon :D

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.