Any good playgroups nearby?

9 posts
rachel.fisher
Options:
Share this post on:

Any good playgroups nearby?

Postby rachel.fisher » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:55 am

Hello, I am a nanny in SW11 and new to the area! Can anyone recommend any good playgroups, classes, soft plays or any other good activities nearby? I look after two children 1 and 3. Also looking for morning classes/playgroups/activities suitable for the 1 year old.
Rachel
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Any good playgroups nearby?

Postby Nims » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello and welcome to the area!

I can highly recommend the following activities that I did with my two when they were those ages - you will need to google some of them to find out exact timings and locations:

1. Music and Movement, Latchmere Leisure Centre - massive soft play area complete with bouncy castle and ball pit followed by singing in the last 10 mins. You can then go upstairs to the cafe for lunch and included in the M&M price is a wristband for the softplay area there (providing they still have the energy!).
2. Bolingbroke 1o'clock club near Chivalry road always has loads of activities.
3. Fresh and Ground (coffee shop in a converted church on Battersea Rise) do various activities
4. Church playgroups - there are lots of them around. We did St. Barnabas on Clapham Common Northside, but I believe St. Marks, St. Anns, and St. Michaels do similar activities too.
5. Rhyme time at the various libraries - there's one at Northcote road library and another at Battersea Library on Lavender Hill (just oppostite the post office).

As the weather is brightening up, then there are some excellent playgrounds such as Battersea Park, those on Clapham Common (one near Alfriston Road and another near Windmill pub).

If you need to stop by for lunch in between, then the Al Baita cafe next to the bandstand on Clapham Common does the best pasta ever.

Also, download the 'Hoop' app on your smartphone, it will tell you of local activities that may appeal to to the children you're looking after based on their ages and proximity to SW11.

Hope this helps!
Nims
rachel.fisher
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rachel.fisher » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 am

Thank you so much! That's all really helpful!
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Playgroups locally I know of (some have waiting lists)

- St Marks, Battersea Rise
- Church of the Ascension, Malwood Road
- Broomwood Methodist Church - Pay termly and waitlist
- Acorn Playgroup, Balham Baptist Church. Every weekday. Waitlist
- Trinity Road Chapel. Waitlist
- St Stephens Church, Weir Rd (various on different days)
- Playhouse playgroup, SW18
- St Lukes, afternoons. Waitlist
- Balham Boppers, Christ Church Balham
rachel.fisher
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rachel.fisher » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:30 pm

Thank You! :)

RedPoppy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby RedPoppy » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:30 pm

My nanny takes my little one to the malwood road playgroup near to Clapham South station and raves about it. Lots of nannies and mummies and a good mix of toys
aussie_meghan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby aussie_meghan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:32 am

Hey Rachel!

I'm a nanny in SW11 too, with the same aged kids, if you ever want to do a meet up!

Meg
LiubaG
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LiubaG » Mon May 01, 2017 11:41 pm

Hello mums, I am also new in the area and also looking for some playgroups for my 1 year old son. Also would love to meet new mamas/nanies and babies with the same age as my little man. I will be very happy to hear from you. My email is guigova88@yahoo.com. Wishing you all good nigh! Liuba
claireandtim
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claireandtim » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:48 am

Hello everyone,

I have been skulking round in the background but never signed up until now.

This sounds interesting and would like to meet some other mums out there. I find my 6 month old can get a real handful sometimes and the best way to quiet him down is lots of pram rides!
I'm Wimbledon area so am happy to meet up with others as I am on leave from work currently until August.

Claire

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.