children's horse riding

7 posts
sparkletiger
Options:
Share this post on:

children's horse riding

Postby sparkletiger » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:13 pm

My 6 year old is interested in doing horse/pony riding lessons - can anyone recommend anywhere?
danijeanne
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: children's horse riding

Postby danijeanne » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 am

A friend of mine has just started taking her daughter to lessons at Vauxhall City Farm and she seems to be really enjoying it. Think they have a bit f a waiting list however if you are flexible with which days you do I think it moves fairly quickly.
Pud1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pud1 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:10 am

There's also a riding school at Dean City Farm in South Wimbledon.
BFW
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BFW » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Ridgeway stables in wimbledon. Or stag lodge in Richmond? We have been to both and they are both great !
sparkletiger
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sparkletiger » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:27 pm

thanks for the suggestions. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Dulwich riding school? Driven past it a few times ...

Reflexologymum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Reflexologymum » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:23 am

At Deen City farm you need to be over 8 to ride and there is also quite a waiting list for beginners. My daughter started riding at Ridgeway Stables age 6, however they don't have an indoor arena so lessons are limited to hacks on the common. We then moved on to Stag Lodge for arena lessons so that she was able to come off the lead rein. This meant that when she turned 8 she was able to avoid the long beginner's waiting list at Deen City Farm and access much more reasonably priced lessons. The instructors at Deen City Farm are fantastic btw.
MumOfTeens
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MumOfTeens » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:07 pm

I have ridden all my life, my daughters and I have and tried most of the riding schools in the local area and beyond. We all agree that Stag Lodge 2 is bar far the best. The owners and staff are so friendly and welcoming, the horses and ponies are well schooled and safe. Price are really reasonable and you don't have to wait ages for a private lesson. Certainly the place to learn well, safe and fast.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.