Air source vs Ground source Heat pump

4 posts
Socialbutterfly53
Options:
Share this post on:

Air source vs Ground source Heat pump

Postby Socialbutterfly53 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:53 pm

We are about to undertake a house renovation and are thinking ahead to heating and renewables. Wondering if anyone has experience with air source and/or ground source heat pumps. Both are meant to be a step forward than a traditional boiler in terms of efficiency, however I am curious if anyone has experience with the functionality of each. (I have heard pumps provide less of a direct warmth compared to traditional boilers, but rather a slower and more stable temperature maintenance.) Ground source heat pumps seem to be markedly more expensive than air source pumps; wondering if there is much in it. Grateful for any thoughts or guidance!
shortcircuit4
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Air source vs Ground source Heat pump

Postby shortcircuit4 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:01 am

Talk to David of Switched On London, based locally in Earlsfield. They are registered on the government scheme to access funding and installation  for heat pumps. Sounds like the best time to get them installed as part of your refurb.
david@switchedonlondon
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:21 am

Another vote for David at Switched On - he’s one of the very few accredited heat pump engineers and will give you the low down (short answer is air source!) on the various systems available.
readysteadycook
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby readysteadycook » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:43 am

I have a ASHP and watch the electric meter whizz around. With hindsight i regret not staying with Gas, the heat is so much more instant.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.