Shellac removal

5 posts
legs11
Options:
Share this post on:

Shellac removal

Postby legs11 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:35 pm

Can anyone please recommend a local nail bar who are able to remove shellac without damaging your nails?

I went somewhere local last year and they scraped my nails with a metal file and the damage took 6 months to grow out.

Google tells me if a salon knows what they’re doing there should be no need to scrape - the wrap should be enough.

Thanks
Southsider
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Shellac removal

Postby Southsider » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:39 pm

I had the same issue and now just take it off myself. Seems like a faff but actually quite easy and means you don't need to worry about booking an appointment or getting time to go to the salon. I just put a bit of cotton wool soaked in nail varnish remover on my nail, wrap it in foil, leave for 10 mins and scrape off with an orange stick (or usually just comes off). Sometimes use a nail buffer afterwards to make sure I've got everything but nails are perfectly fine and only takes 15 mins.

If you do find somewhere good though do let me know!
Sarahsea
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sarahsea » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:53 pm

I use a high grade buffing block to break the seal on the Shellac first. Also, make sure you use nail polish remover that contains acetone - Superdrug do one especially for artificial nail removal.
legs11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby legs11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Thanks all

I found a great place on St John's Hill

http://www.cherishednails.co.uk/

they did it properly and there was no scraping
Southsider
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Southsider » Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 am

Thanks for the recommendation legs11. Prices look reasonable too. Will give it a try!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.