Respondents said Wandsworth is 'snooty'. Fircroft Primary School disagrees. What do you think?

6 posts
admin (daniella)
Options:
Share this post on:

Respondents said Wandsworth is 'snooty'. Fircroft Primary School disagrees. What do you think?

Postby admin (daniella) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:55 pm

'A Tooting school's class has hit back at a survey which rates Wandsworth as one of London's unfriendliest boroughs.

Year 6 pupils at Fircroft Primary School, in Fircroft Road, were 'shocked, surprised and frustrated’ to find that people might find the area to be ‘unwelcoming’, ‘unfriendly’ and ‘snooty’ following a survey by Vivo Property Buyers.

Wandsworth was last for ‘safety and spirit’, at 42, with residents asked apparently saying there were ‘too many snooty people in the area’ and that children are ‘in general badly behaved’.'

'The class said it was 'shocked, surprised and frustrated' at the ranking and strongly disagrees because it believes Wandsworth has many friendly people who greet them with a smile or a kind word.'

To read the full article, please visit:

http://www.wandsworthguardian.co.uk/new ... unfriendly_/
Attachments
imgID135378736.jpg.gallery.jpg
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Respondents said Wandsworth is 'snooty'. Fircroft Primary School disagrees. What do you think?

Postby Denwand » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:29 pm

I've seen "Snooty" places but Wandsworth Isn't one of them...
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Respondents said Wandsworth is 'snooty'. Fircroft Primary School disagrees. What do you think?

Postby windmill26 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Unfortunately I have to agree with the survey result. Wandsworth has many friendly people but also a lot of unfriendly,snooty,rude and envious people.
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:09 pm

this sums up Bellevue road at least....

“I look down on him because I am upper class.”

“I look up to him because he is upper class, but I look down on him because he is lower class. I am middle class.”

“I know my place. I look up to them both, but I don’t look up to him as much as I look up to him cause he has got innate breeding.”

“I have got innate breeding, but I have not got any money. So sometimes, I look up to him.”

“I still look up to him because although I have money, I am vulgar, but I am not as vulgar as him, so I still look down on him.”

“I know my place.”
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alchemy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:01 am

Apparently this is based on "an online survey asking 400 Londoners from all 32 boroughs" -- or just 12.5 people per borough. Not nearly enough to be statistically relevant.

40plus
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 40plus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Overall i don't find Wandsworth to be snooty, there may be some snooty people (i've yet to come across) but, you get a few of those in every borough all over the UK.

What is classed as snooty ? I bet everyone has their own views on this.. .the list i'm sure is endless.!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.