Which is beter otion for teeth whitening?

5 posts
waltzer
Options:
Share this post on:

Which is beter otion for teeth whitening?

Postby waltzer » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:18 am

Thinking of getting my teeth whitened and wondering if it is better to use the gum shields and bleach or to get it done at the dentist? Would love to know which has the better results and if the bleach option can cause enamel breakdown or increased sensitivity, for no informed reason I am a bit nervous about this happening. Having it done at the dentist is more expensive but if it is better I would prefer to do it this way. I know that a dentist can tell me but would love any personal experiences so I am forewarned. 
Sallyvwebster86
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Which is beter otion for teeth whitening?

Postby Sallyvwebster86 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:11 am

I had the enlighten whitening system done at century dentist in Putney and I’m so happy with it. I’ve since moved dentist to one in streatham and you’re able to get “top up” gel as and when you need it (I do about once a year). It’s been such a boost to my confidence and whilst I had a little sensitivity during the process which wasn’t that nice, it went as soon as I finished.
I’m not sure about at-home products I’m afraid —- I’d heard so many good things re enlighten I decided just to go for that!
luckymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby luckymummy » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:23 am

I am looking to do the same for my husband and was wondering about Sonisk in Westfield which seemed to have great reviews and was started/backed by one of the Dragons in Dragons Den but looking on line it seems to have closed. Does anyone know what has happened to it. It seemed like a great option for teeth whitening. 
mrs_original
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mrs_original » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 am

I also had Enlighten and it was great. The treatment can be as long as you like and it's quite easy to control sensitivity if you have any. Dentists also offer a cheaper alternative but they explains the pros and cons of each.

Now, if your enamel isn't 100%, your teeth won't get too white. That's what happened to mine but to be honest I'm happy with it as they're not that celebrity-fake-white teeth colour and look much more natural.
LunaLuminary
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LunaLuminary » Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:42 am

Dentist procedures generally offer better and longer-lasting results with less risk of enamel breakdown or sensitivity. They use controlled, safer bleach concentrations tailored to your needs. While more expensive, it's worth it for peace of mind and top-notch results.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.