Would you recommend IKOS respots for a family summer holiday?

8 posts
Flipflops
Options:
Share this post on:

Would you recommend IKOS respots for a family summer holiday?

Postby Flipflops » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:02 pm

Has anyone been to any of the IKOS resorts and if so what did you think? They look amazing but aren't cheap and I want to make sure that I'm not buying a great holiday and not just amazing marketing hype! We are a family of 4 who have always loved Mark Warner holidays but just feel that now might be the right time for a little more luxury. Many thanks.
SunnySW
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Would you recommend IKOS respots for a family summer holiday?

Postby SunnySW » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:22 am

Definitely recommend if you can justify the cost. It’s more reasonable in May half term than summer holidays.

Excellent quality rooms, restaurants & food, great pools & sports facilities. Kids club great too.

One of the most relaxing holidays we’ve had if you want a treat.
LucindaA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LucindaA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:09 am

Hi....I am an Independent Travel Agent and have booked a few Ikos trips for people having found some good deals. Everyone has loved them! Please do let me know if you would like any help. Lucinda
ACA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ACA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:06 am

We’ve stayed at IKOS and I wouldn’t recommend it, especially given the cost. It is all inclusive but the quality of the food and wine/drinks is not brilliant (quantity over quality). It was ok in terms of the pool facilities and beach but even in September it was rammed. I didn’t love the kids club, which was all inside and I don’t think the kids got taken outside. We ended up paying extra for a nanny to watch the kids on the beach or at the pool instead. We were told Sani is better if you prefer not to have the all inclusive all you can eat vibe. Personally though, the whole thing cost as much as staying at the four seasons, and the latter has miles better service, more luxurious, beautiful kids clubs and wonderful food and drinks. Though I’m not sure if they have much in Greece.
ACA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ACA » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:07 am

We’ve stayed at IKOS and I wouldn’t recommend it, especially given the cost. It is all inclusive but the quality of the food and wine/drinks is not brilliant (quantity over quality). It was ok in terms of the pool facilities and beach but even in September it was rammed. I didn’t love the kids club, which was all inside and I don’t think the kids got taken outside. We ended up paying extra for a nanny to watch the kids on the beach or at the pool instead. We were told Sani is better if you prefer not to have the all inclusive all you can eat vibe. Personally though, the whole thing cost as much as staying at the four seasons, and the latter has miles better service, more luxurious, beautiful kids clubs and wonderful food and drinks. Though I’m not sure if they have much in Greece.

this_is_cat
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby this_is_cat » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:47 am

They are good but not great, especially since the prices have skyrocketed over the last couple of years.

There is a great selection of restaurants and the food quality is definitely higher than we expected for all-inclusive.

But the pools were always rammed and noisy, unless you had paid extra for the Deluxe area with its own pool (we hadn’t!)

There was an adults only pool but it wasn’t policed or enforced so was full of noisy children.

If you like the Mark Warner types of activities, Ikos doesn’t have that. There are a few yoga and gym classes each day but nothing much for the kids outside the kids club.
Our loved the kids club. The Greek staff were incredible and they also had Sharky and George running extra sessions. The kids club staff also do babysitting, which was nice to have continuity.

There are some nice extras, like free car hire (new Teslas!) and vouchers so you can eat in local restaurants as part of the all-inclusive

But ultimately the crowd is quite ‘all inclusive’. We aren’t adverse to a drink, but there was a core of families who were cracking into poolside cocktails from midday, and getting louder and louder by the evening.
It was just a bit tedious to see them rolling around drunk and sunburned in the pools, and then the same again in the bars in the evening.

I know everyone wants something different from their holiday, but after spending that much, I wasn’t expecting it to be so Benidorm-y

We priced it up again for this year, and for not a lot more, we can go to the Maldives, so I don’t think we will rush back
But if the prices come down a bit, we wouldn’t rule it out.
wineandcheese
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wineandcheese » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:35 pm

Hi FlipFlops
I own a travel business and if you like the look of Ikos, I would suggest taking a look at the Grecotels Group.  https://www.grecotel.com/greece-hotels- ... index.html

Really lovely hotels but a better price, and I can normally get a good offer for customers.  Hating to tout for business (she says, touting for business!) but I'd be happy to get a couple of prices for you, no obligation - it's easy for me to do. Just DM me here or call me on 0207 112 0282. 

wineandcheese
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby wineandcheese » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:53 pm

There are quite a few, so I would start by looking at the Amirandes (Crete) which is not all-inclusive, if you like to go out to eat, and Costa Botanica (Corfu) which is all-inclusive.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.