Breast Augmentation

12 posts
Zippy and George
Options:
Share this post on:

Breast Augmentation

Postby Zippy and George » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Hi,
I am a longstanding poster to Nappy Valley Net, but must go under a different alias.
One of my best friends has had an augmentation procedure. She really does look wonderful. I understand it was her husband who pushed her to do it. He must be very happy.
I am thinking of having it done myself, but would like some advice.
Is it the done thing in Nappy Valley? Is it expensive? How do Husbands react? Should I take my kids out of private tutoring to find the funds to pay for it?
Thoughts, please
Zippy and George
Following
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Breast Augmentation

Postby Following » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:48 pm

Following - I’d love to have breast augmentation and a tummy tuck my body didn’t handle pregnancy well.
Ramaboo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ramaboo » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:14 pm

What a very peculiar post. 

1) Google can tell you how much it costs.
2) We can't answer for your husband specifically (I'm pretty sure all husbands don't react to things in an identical manner)
3) whether your children should forgo tutoring rather depends on how badly they were doing without it. 
4) it's raining half the year and we wear a lot of clothes, so even if it's not 'the done thing' it would take people a while to notice.... ;)

AbbMum23
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AbbMum23 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:27 am

Why would you want a foreign object(s) in your body, permanently?
Starr
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Starr » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:13 am

You could just do some chest and tricep workouts at the gym to tone and lift. Implants look silly and fake.

astro
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby astro » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:17 am

Generally I’d say that it really isn’t the done thing around here, we’re not on love island. I’m sure some people have had work done but if so it is discrete.

I considered it after breastfeeding but decided that it wasn’t necessary as my body recovered over time. I think it’s a fabulous thing to do if it will increase your confidence, but do it for you not for someone else.

Agree with the prior post tho - I can’t tell you what your husband will think, and not sure anyone is going to advise you to cut back on your child’s education to pay for breast implants. I do know my husband wasn’t overly keen, but then I also would object if he was pushing me to do it.
Beachbum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beachbum » Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:39 am

These replies are pretty disappointing.

People don't seem to realise but there are fair few women around here with them and most of them look great. I have never had them myself but my friends who have do really look good, and none of them regret doing it. If you don't want implants you can now do fat transfer "implants" where they take fat from other parts of your body and use that.  One thing to keep in mind though if you get implants is that they need replacing every 12 years, getting a really good surgeon is a must (Tattler and all major magazines publish a list of the best) Look seriously at all the risks.

NoodleFan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NoodleFan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:06 am

Taking your kids out of private tutoring to fund it… how will you feel if your kids don’t get to go to the schools you/they would like them to?

I don’t think this is a decision you can make without your husband - new boobs or (possibly) kids future?

(I’m still trying to work out if this post is serious)
MamanMummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MamanMummy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:40 am

I did have a boob job 8 years ago and I am over the moon with it. It really increased my self-image and my husband is so happy too. We did very extensive reasearch into types of implants (cohesive gel cannot leak), shape ( pear looks much more natural) and size (you can try with old stockings filled with rice, the weight will be comparable), so no one can tell that my boobs are not fully mine. I am very open about it though. My only regret is not doing it earlier. Happy to discuss in more details if you want to email me.

AFollies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AFollies » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:37 am

Whatever you decide, and this is from our experience as bra fitters, do get a proper bra fitting before your breast augmentation as they are still so much people don't understand about bra sizing, including breasts surgeons. They talk in volume, and you will want to know your future bra size...
We find a lot of women ask for an E cup and end up with a 32G for example. Go see a professional bra fitter and maybe ask them first to fit you in a good bra, then ask them to explain how bra sizing work, and maybe to put you in a bra the size you think you want...just so you can stuff it and experience what the actual volume will be.
And please, there are no exercises that can help restore your breasts to their younger version, or even lift them. Your breast is just a mass of mostly fat and milk ducts in a bag of skin (sorry if this is a bit too graphic for some, but see picture below) attached on top of your muscles wall, nothing can tighten, lift, inflate that skin once it has overstretched except for surgery.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Attachments
anatomybreast (1).jpg
anatomybreast (1).jpg (212.62 KiB) Viewed 1674 times
sixfootredhead
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sixfootredhead » Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:02 am

I had a breast augmentation a couple of years ago after thinking about it for a few years. I had breastfed my two boys and I hated how my breasts ended up. Deflated and sorry for themselves. I am a very fit and active person and all the workouts in the world aren’t going to help with loss of volume in that area of the body. My saggy breasts no longer fit my otherwise toned body.

I am so delighted with my result. For me it feels like reconstructive surgery - effectively restoring my boobs to what they once were. Maybe a little bit better 😉. I’m not embarrassed to post and I wouldn’t ever try and hide it. I did it for me - my husband didn’t even factor into the decision but he was supportive - even if he didn’t see the need as acutely as I did. Its been the best decision I made. I am much happier and more confident and can wear clothes I couldn’t wear before. All in all it’s been 100% positive for me.

My advice would be -

(a) research your surgeon well. I met with 3 and went with the one that felt right for me in terms of personality and aesthetic (as a slim, athletic person I wanted a very natural result and didn’t want to be pushed towards the wrong size/shape)

(b) plan surgery so it can cause minimum impact. I was walking about the day after surgery but not able to exercise for 6 weeks (full body). It was over the easter holidays so I didn’t have the school drop offs and pick ups to factor in. Over a school holiday is great.

(c) allow £10K. Yes you can get it cheaper but cheaper isn’t always better and its one of those things you don’t want to get wrong/regret not having spent a little more. If you want more recommendations of surgeons (I would highly recommend mine) please feel free to DM.

(D) ignore unconstructive comments. There’s already a few here. 🙄. People just love to give their opinion on things they have no experience of/have never considered it for themselves.

Breasts don’t have to look fake. Mine don’t. Anyone who has seen them has said how natural they are because they are not big and they were tear drop implants inserted under my chest muscle. Your surgeon will be able to best advise what’s right for you based on your anatomy. Everyone is difference. Round implants don’t have to look fake either - I have a friend who has some and they look great on her. It just depends on what your issue is.

Happy to help with any questions if you want to DM.

Good luck!
Boobs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Boobs » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:46 pm

Gosh, some very snide comments on here, especially the one saying nappy valley isn’t love island.
I had mine done about ten years ago. Went from a 34b to a 34d (420cc). Did it because whenever I dieted or exercised I always lost weight from my chest and I was a bit lopsided. I wanted a more hourglass shape. Have had two kids since I had it done and breastfed both. I went to transform who have many surgeons, you can consult to see what they recommend, and they also offered payment plans. I did it in the winter so I could wear looser clothes as you are swollen for a while. Mine look so natural - even rigby and pellet didn’t realise they were fake. They do suggest replacing every ten years but the last surgeon I saw who did my mammogram said if they are all fine no need to put your body through the trauma. Do read up on it though - plenty of people with bad reactions. If I were to do it again I’d have the fat grafts rather than implants. Do what makes you happy, not your husband. And don’t underestimate the cost of new clothes/underwear!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.