Top ten places to eat?

80 posts
WhiteKnight
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Top ten places to eat?

Postby WhiteKnight » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:57 am

We live very near London House and go there a lot. It's really good. They've relaxed the menu in recent years so it's slightly less formal and it seems to work better this way. I'm sure you'll have a great time. Follow them on Instagram if you are curious about the food and drinks... Happy Birthday
amber100
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby amber100 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:26 am

I had a very bad experience at London House- the fish was off to the point of rotting. Avoid the fish!!
themotherofdragons
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby themotherofdragons » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:50 am

We went there a couple of years ago and it was a disappointing experience - both the food and the service. It felt like yet another impersonal attempt to make money by giving a big chef's name to a new restaurant. I would never go back with so many amazing places on our doorstep.
this_is_cat
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby this_is_cat » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:50 pm

London House has really improved in recent years.
They did away with the white table cloths and brought in a more relaxed menu and service, and it is a great place now.

They also do a lovely weekend brunch menu, which is great fun with a group of friends
Elenita4ever
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Elenita4ever » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:38 pm

this_is_cat wrote:London House has really improved in recent years.
They did away with the white table cloths and brought in a more relaxed menu and service, and it is a great place now.

They also do a lovely weekend brunch menu, which is great fun with a group of friends
I agree - we love London House now. Less formal, new menu, fairly new chef and some old favourites still on from time to time. Give it a go!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.