What do you do with your children's school artwork, photos and school momentos

8 posts
Bluebird27
Options:
Share this post on:

What do you do with your children's school artwork, photos and school momentos

Postby Bluebird27 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:09 pm

I am starting to accrue a massive amount of my children's precious artwork, school momentos, photos and other keepsakes that I cant bear to throw away but have no idea how to go about archiving and storing it all. Would love some tips if anyone who has come up with some good ideas for this??
Also does anyone print off photos and put them in albums year on year for their kids to go back
Pod
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What do you do with your children's school artwork, photos and school momentos

Postby Pod » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:02 pm

I've just started using Barney and Wilf to display artwork that my girls have made that I can't bare to part with -

http://www.barneyandwilf.com

Can't recommend highly enough!!!
3littlemonkeys
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What do you do with your children's school artwork, photos and school momentos

Postby 3littlemonkeys » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:25 pm

http://www.doodlenest.co.uk/

I've used these guys to get books made from all the art/cards etc. They are brilliant. Well worth it!
WorkfromhomeMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby WorkfromhomeMum » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Both look amazing!
What do you do with the originals then? Do you still keep them stored somewhere or part with them (which is so hard to do)?
3littlemonkeys
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby 3littlemonkeys » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:46 am

WorkfromhomeMum wrote:Both look amazing!
What do you do with the originals then? Do you still keep them stored somewhere or part with them (which is so hard to do)?
Yes, the plan was to throw away the originals once i'd received the box... I haven't managed but they are all neatly stored in the box doodlenest sent them back in so i've justified the space!

momnikki
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby momnikki » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:20 pm

My husband and I have always been dreaming about a big family. Now we have three kids! All of them are going to the school right now and sometimes I think I leave just their lives, not mine. The whole house is filled with their paintings, photos of school trips and handcrafts. And honestly, I love it! We like to make a so called "year sun up" along all the achievements that they have made during the year. We like to put their handmade stuff on the walls and invite friends and family for a dinner. All of them love this activity, just to walk around and see the progress that they are making. Also each year we are taking picture of three of them in front of the school. At the end of their studies it's going to be a great collage of how they have grown up. Obviously, sometimes it gets too much of paper in the house and we present it to grandpas and grandmas. They adore it even more than we do. Some of artworks kids hang right in front of their desks to get inspired. Also in our library we have a special section with tons of photo albums. From times to times we take them and start reminiscing. I love to compare my old pictures and my kids'. We look so alike!
twingirlsmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby twingirlsmama » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:37 am

I swing from being sentimental about things they bring home to getting fed up with the utter c**p. Sorry but sometimes there is so much scribble and scrappy bits of paper. That goes between the pages of Sunday's newspapers and into the recycling. If something has a special message, that's generally one to keep. I get my girls to decide if they would like to give something to grandparents so that way, they can share their work, get the praise they deserve and look back at what they have done. Each term, we go through things and decide together what we want to keep and it then goes in our special memories box. They often decide to throw things out, more so than me when they see more recent things next to earlier projects this highlighting their progress. Things like pottery they love keeping at grandparents and seeing it dotted around.
Photos, they are always going through the phone and love to look back over the years. We have had calanders made with 'memories' taken from each month. And naff as it sounds, loaded pics onto a card for a digital photo frame. Depending how old children are, this is something they could do themselves - create their own albums.
Just a few ideas....
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:53 pm

This is really timely as I have boxes & boxes of it in the loft which I need to go through & sort out, a friend of mine takes photos of things rather than actually keeping them.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.