Personal training recommendations please!?

18 posts
AgirlfromWandsworth
Options:
Share this post on:

Personal training recommendations please!?

Postby AgirlfromWandsworth » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:05 am

I'm trawling through all the online ads for amazing PT's but I only want to use someone who comes highly recommended - any advice??

I'm not looking for massive weight loss, just toning and help with flexibility (am terrible at yoga!). Can anyone recommend someone they have actually used who does evenings? Many thanks. :)
2009Kat
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Personal training recommendations please!?

Postby 2009Kat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:15 pm

http://www.nwpersonaltraining.co.uk/
Neal Williams - 07595 679224
I've been seeing him for a good few years now. Very experienced and a great sense of humour!
jfryatt
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jfryatt » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:34 pm

lauren @ zinc fitness opposite the station is great. I saw her in the evening for 2 years.
tiger1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby tiger1 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Mel at Open Air Fit is great! I've trained with him for a few years now. He's the Director of Open Air Fit and is an ex-professional footballer. You can train in the evenings or early morning and if he doesn't have a time that suits he has other trainers that work for him too who are fab and I've trained with them when he's been away.

Have a look at their website - http://www.openairfit.com

I know they've got a 3 for 2 offer on in Jan as well for new p/t clients!
AgirlfromWandsworth
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AgirlfromWandsworth » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Thanks so much for your help! Have contacted all these trainers to get fees. Cheers :)

workingmum62
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby workingmum62 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:16 pm

chrishex
Share this post on:

Postby chrishex » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi There,

I'm just writing to you to see if you've managed to find a trainer? My name is Chris, I am a fully qualified Personal Trainer and Nutritional Advisor. I work for HEX, a fitness operation that recently launched in South West London.

If you're sorted out, good luck! If not, some info below...

HEX offer a holistic approach to fitness, combining nutrition, wellbeing and fitness training. Our website is www.hexlife.co.uk. We operate from a gym space in Clapham as well as on many of the parks throughout the area (Clapham Common, Wandsworth Common, Battersea Park and Brockwell Park). We like to think of ourselves as an antidote to the soulless, high-street chains, the intimidating muscle-pump, sawdust gyms and the one size fits all 'PT'.

Please feel free to get in touch if you would like to find out more. We can offer you a free 1 hour training session as well as an initial nutritional consultation.

Best wishes,

Chris (07403 539996).
HEX is a fitness operation in the heart of south-west London, founded by Phil Wilkins and Chris Timmins. We have one shared training philosophy: to take real-world, time-in-the-trenches experience and apply it practically to help you achieve your goals.
Ine5
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ine5 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:49 pm

I can highly recommend Olivia Pettifer from Xtrafit, qualified PT and nutritionist as well, free first session, so you can see how it is. I do my training with her and it's great! She is also cheaper compared with other trainers (35£/h) and does all the health checks (BMI, blood pressure etc) so will find exactly what you need. She has long experience of 8 years in fitness business. If you are interested, her number is +44 7572 614261 or email olivia@xtra-space.com
am_getting_fit
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby am_getting_fit » Fri May 19, 2017 4:22 pm

Usually i plan my own workouts as I have recently qualified to be a personal trainer. However, i can't push myself further. Always working out in my comfort zone.

But unfortunately there is no progress if you don't challenge yourself. So sometimes PT needs a PT as well, hahah :D :D :D

Kyoung78
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kyoung78 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:43 pm

I can highly recommend Siobhan and the team at BeAttitude Fitness on Garrett Lane. They do PT early mornings, during the day and in the evenings and all the trainers are brilliant. The classes are fab too and i have seen a real progress in my fitness since starting to work out there in January.

www.beattitude.club and https://www.facebook.com/beattitudefitness

Good luck!
MammaFit
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby MammaFit » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:44 am

Hi, I have just started running Mum and Baby Fitness Classes in Fitness First in the City (EC4V 4HN) Im not sure how old your little one is but the beauty about our classes is that you can bring your little ones along and workout with them!
The classes are every Monday at 11am.
If your interested or would like more information please send me an email at - Gemma@mammafit.co.uk.
All the best and good luck with your fitness :)
Gemma
ripley
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ripley » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 pm

I can really recommend Sarah O'Neill's team of personal trainers:
http://www.sarahoneill.co.uk

I've been seeing Milly once a week for around a year and she's great, I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been, at 43!

The great thing about it is that in addition to the personal training sessions you can also attend group boot camp classes on Clapham Common (the bandstand) twice a week for no additional cost - Wednesdays at 6.30am and Saturdays at 9.30am. For me this really makes it worthwhile. PT isn't cheap but if I go 3 times a week I feel I'm getting my money's worth :)
Aprilmama
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Aprilmama » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Natasha Ferrier 07547332545

http://www.yourpersonaltraininguk.co.uk ... ha-ferrier

She's fab. she works through and separate to Clapham Leisure centre - she really knows what she's talking about and is good fun to train with. She's also reasonable cost wise!

Brixmomma
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Brixmomma » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:37 am

Hi do any of these PT recommendations come to do home visits if you have outdoor space? And any work with having a 10.5 mth in tow - I've heard that some PT are happy to do this. Would be interesting to know ...
TheTrainStationGym
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TheTrainStationGym » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi

We are a unique trainer-led facility combining all levels of training with all levels of fitness to both children and adults. In The Train Station Gym group sessions you are lead through a well designed, full body workout where you get the benefit of its team of Personal Trainers monitoring and encouraging you while using their skill and expertise to ensure you have the most effective workout possible.

Group fitness (including after school clubs), spin, yoga, performance prep and one-on-one personal training are all rounded off with a great team of osteopaths and sports therapists.

If you'd like to try one of our classes out as our guest, please contact enquiries@phoenixfitnessgroup.com

Based locally at Wandsworth Common Station
www.thetrainstationgym.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.