Mousehouse : child left behind in playground !!

28 posts
BTC girl
Options:
Share this post on:

Mousehouse : child left behind in playground !!

Postby BTC girl » Mon May 15, 2017 9:47 am

Hi does anyone know about this ?
I've been looking at local nurserys but how can I even consider this one
When they have left a child behind while taking a group out to the playground and only told
the other parents days after ......sounds like they're trying to cover their backs !
I've also heard they have mouse droppings in the kitchen (cleared everything when ofsted popped in !)
Why are lots of staff leaving ? ...... I just couldn't allow my prescious little one in such an environment.
ronich
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Mousehouse : child left behind in playground !!

Postby ronich » Mon May 15, 2017 10:53 am

HI BTC girl,

I understand your concerns, but would advise you to be very careful not to spread or exaggerate malicious rumors and to be much more discerning about the information you hear or read.

I am not sure where you are getting some of this information, such as the mouse droppings, which I have never herd of! Also, I didn’t know that lots of staff were leaving. As far as I know, staff have been promoted and they have had the same staff there for the 3+ years of my involvement, as a mother, with the school.

The exact circumstance and details regarding the missing child have not been disclosed to parents of mouse house, therefore, one can not be sure of the exact nature of this situation.

As I would assume, this will be raised with safeguarding and a police report would have also been made as standard procedure. The most important thing is that the child is safe and the nursery is taking this very seriously. The have also been open and honest with the parents about this incident, which other nurseries might not do. Their open communication about this incident with parents was very reassuring!

I have vast experience of the local schools and nursery’s from working in many around the area, and also tried a few with my children, and this group of nursery’s really is one of the best in the area.

Mouse house and The Kindergartens are an exceptionally run nursery. Both my daughters attend and the teachers have the best care for the children at this school.

It is really sad how rumors can spread and information can become so distorted by people writing such things on social media when they really don’t know the facts.

Good luck finding a better nursery.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 am

So the nursery have been "open & honest" but haven't told the parents what actually happened??
ronich
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronich » Mon May 15, 2017 11:29 am

It's highly likely there is an investigation team safeguarding this. As I've been involved in many SOVA's this process is confidential while the investigation is ongoing. They have told us what they can and it doesn't help me really to know miscellaneous facts. They will have immediately put in plans for extra protection for the children until this matter is sorted as part of standard SOVA practice.

We don't know the corcumstance so I am sympathetic to the nursery as they deal with this very upsetting and distressing situation. The teacher and staff are excellent and this must be extremely difficult for them.

Miscellaneous comments like this don't achieve anything.

Also many schools use commons for extra playground space, so I imagine this could happen to any of those schools. It's hard in London when space is at a premium.
oab
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby oab » Mon May 15, 2017 12:17 pm

As a parent at the nursery, I rate it highly, have never heard about mouse droppings and they generally keep their staff (there is of course some movement in staff, but it's not easy to hold on to staff as the job is demanding and not very well paid).

Re. the incident - it is of course very upsetting for everyone (parents and teachers, can't even imagine how upset the parents of the lost child would be!), but I do feel that the school are dealing with it properly (informed all parents, reported to the appropriate authorities, etc) and if anything, they will be much more vigilant from now on. I will be definitely looking forward to the conclusions of the report to see who was to blame.

Personally I am not concerned about sending my children to Mouse House.
But if you are concerned - even if it's just a feeling - then look elsewhere.

I do agree with ronich that spreading rumours on social media is not particularly helpful (the mouse droppings complaint seems to me to have been taken out of a tabloid title..) - as your post doesn't ask a genuine question but it's aimed at berating MH.

lalectrice
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lalectrice » Mon May 15, 2017 12:20 pm

Could happen to any local school? I doubt it. Performing a head count before returning to school/nursery is one of the most basic requirements for staff in charge of a trip. I am sure staff are mortified and that this is not necessarily representative of the nursery in question, but leaving such a young child alone in a London park is very serious.
ronich
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronich » Mon May 15, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks OAB for your comments

Lalectrice, Where did you hear they left a child behind? Are you absolutely certain that this is a fact? We were told the child went missing for a short period. Again wrong information is being reported, and the facts have not been released. Let's not jump to conclusions especially when the circumstance has not yet been disclosed.

Of course this is serious, and thankfully Mouse House is taking it very seriously!
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alchemy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:11 pm

I have many reasons why I didn't chose Mouse House (cramped, no outside space, very expensive), but this laundry list of "concerns" from a newly registered poster sounds like another nursery bad-mouthing a competitor.
NVHusband
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NVHusband » Mon May 15, 2017 1:24 pm

BTC girl wrote:Hi does anyone know about this ?
I've been looking at local nurserys but how can I even consider this one
When they have left a child behind while taking a group out to the playground and only told
the other parents days after ......sounds like they're trying to cover their backs !
I've also heard they have mouse droppings in the kitchen (cleared everything when ofsted popped in !)
Why are lots of staff leaving ? ...... I just couldn't allow my prescious little one in such an environment.
Annabelle- this poster has never commented before, yet has come onto the site making these outrageous (bordering slander?) comments.

I suggest you review.

OP- would be interested in your motives on why you make these claims, especially behind an anonymous user name?

Something doesn't smell right here...

lolaloves
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lolaloves » Mon May 15, 2017 1:39 pm

I doubt local nurseries need to drum up business they are all over subscribed! I know many happy families at mouse house but I also heard about the incident. Very serious in my view, of course they can't say much until the investigation is complete but the child was left behind and was returned to the nursery by non staff members. I imagine they will lose outstanding rating.
ronich
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronich » Mon May 15, 2017 1:54 pm

Another ridiculous thing to say that a nursery will loose outstanding because of this. Please stop with these stupid comments and these assumptions.

This isn't the worst incident that has ever been safeguarded and as long as measured are put in place then usually it is OK.

Sounds like you know all the 'facts' about the incident! Is this all hearsay or first hand knowledge?
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Mon May 15, 2017 2:20 pm

To be fair ronich is also new to NVN

People can be very defensive about their childcare choices
lolaloves
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lolaloves » Mon May 15, 2017 2:38 pm

Sorry I am speculating about the ofstead rating, isn't safe guarding a big thing for them? So no idea if they will.
First hand knowledge, I know the family.

ronich
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ronich » Mon May 15, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm not actually new, just had to register again as forgot previous log in etc.

I think you can defend and ask questions at the same time. It's too early yet to demand all the facts, they need to complete the investigation.

Yes there will be some facts and lots of rumors circulating I am sure, and this seems like a good portal to spread garbage that people might believe.

I am a parent of the nursery and other parents similarly stand by it and defend it.

Petal and Goldhawk, why do you take such interest in this? What do you have to benefit from your comments?

We all just need to be measured and not just believe what we hear unless it is directly from the school.

I am clued up, but that's because of my work and nothing to do with the nursery. So i think you should stop, as all of your skepticism and cynicism is making you look a bit silly and is not helpful or productive for anyone.
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vhopeful » Mon May 15, 2017 4:15 pm

As parent at the nursery also I agree that this thread just seems mean spirited and not a fair representation of the nursery. I for one will wait to hear the official outcome of what actually happened and not pass judgement until then.
Also on terms of staff it has been pretty stable and so there are a few departures this year but really nothing the nursery could do to prevent them. Mouse house is a lovely place and the teachers have all been lovely to date.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.