Glastonbury - how to do it posh?

9 posts
Balhammom
Options:
Share this post on:

Glastonbury - how to do it posh?

Postby Balhammom » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:16 am

Hi
I've seen the footage on TV and have decided that I really want to do Glastonbury next year BUT I want to do it as a middle aged person who doesn't want to use a Portaloo and trudge through mud.

Is that possible?

:-)

So does anyone know how I can "do" it but in a nice middle aged way?

Ideally I'd want to...

1. go back to a tent that had hot showers and a proper bed
2. toilets that flush

Am I being a boring old person?
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Glastonbury - how to do it posh?

Postby Alchemy » Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:22 pm

Pitch a tent in your garden and watch it on TV :D
actuallyadad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:16 pm

Ah I have the perfect solution. Campervan. Or more precisely a motor home. Flushing loo, shower, fridge, safe secure and dry.

Look- people go on about it not being a proper experience blah blah but really come on who doesn't like their drinks cold and their bed warm! Means you can take loads of stuff (lots of spare clothes, crates of booze) and they are just so practical.

So you can rent one from lots of agencies. They are not cheap because the minimum hire period is a week so its at least £700. But actually that's about the same as glamping/ yurt etc and there you dont have exclusive showers etc.

Have been to lots of festivals but personally I would not take small kids to Glasto. Other festivals (Lattitude, Camp Bestival etc) are perfect with kids. Glasto is just too big and you have to walk miles and miles and they wouldn't cope with it.

Glasto for me has always been brilliant and the camper van just makes it a lot more comfy! Have fun!
Burnbane
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Burnbane » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:15 am

Try Camp Kerala - book early and start saving. You can also look up the POP UP HOTEL company. Run by Mark Sorrill. If you want more info let me know
Klara1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Klara1 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:31 am

Pennard Orchard is amazing!

Luxury teepees, hot showers, great bar and restaurant, hot tubs and sauna.Lots of amazing freebees, golf buggy all night to and from the gate and incredible people!!

Yes expensive but totally worth it!

http://pennardorchard.co.uk/

SomethingForKate
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SomethingForKate » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:12 am

Ha ha,

I've just seen this having come back from Glastonbury and know I'm a good few years late replying to the original poster but thought I would anyway.

So there is a way to "do it posh" these days although flushing loos are out of the question. What you're after is a Worthy View pre-erected tent. This is a specific area atop The Park area where tents, cabins etc. are pre-erected for you and you just rock up and camp. There are hot showers available 24-7 although the loos are portacabins and trust me, portacabins get blocked up whereas the site's longdrop loos are far more humane!

However, having just done my first Glasto in family camping, it's not all that bad. Okay, so hot showers was the one thing I was really missing! But for all you new parents who might be considering summer festivals, do have a read of an article I wrote on taking a baby to Glastonbury: http://rockshot.co.uk/27557/feature-tak ... -festival/

SFK
NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:55 pm

We've just been to Cornbury with an almost 2 year old & an almost 6 year old, it was fab, sadly it was the last one but we loved it & it even had Waitrose & a Bear Yo Yo stand :lol:
acmNVN
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby acmNVN » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:44 pm

My parents went to a party here over the festival weekend and said it was amazing. Doesn't come cheap though but apparently the service is fantastic.

http://www.pennardhillfarm.co.uk/glastonbury.php
this_is_cat
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby this_is_cat » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:02 pm

Glastonbury won't be taking place next year
It is a 'fallow' year to let the fields recover.

It should be back in 2019 though

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.