What's the best way family friendly holiday?

4 posts
twice_as_nice
Options:
Share this post on:

What's the best way family friendly holiday?

Postby twice_as_nice » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 am

Hi
Looking to book our next holiday….and wondered what people would suggest as an ideal holiday…. we've got a 3 year old and a lot of places with kids clubs seem to only start from 4.

Ideally we'd like a nice place with min 3 bedrooms and a living room, access to kids clubs / activities and babysitting and somewhere nice to go out to eat etc. Not much then I guess! :D

We just looked up the cost of a Mark Warner/ Scott Dunne holiday!!!! Eeek!!! In the high season it was tens of thousands :o And it was just one room with all the kids (we have 3!) which doesn't' sound like much of a holiday to me!

Any ideas / recommendations would be brilliant!
stayathomemuminsw11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What's the best way family friendly holiday?

Postby stayathomemuminsw11 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:29 am

I'd recommend Martinhal in Portugal.

It's not cheap but any means, but not 10s of thousands! More like 4-5k including everything for a week (flights, food, kids club, meals out etc).

Kids club is from babies, they have the creche club which is under 2s, a club for 2-4 yr olds, and then one for 5 yrs plus.

We went in May half term, and the kids and us really enjoyed it.

You can either stay in the hotel bit, or get a villa/apartment. We got a 2 bedroom Bay House, (which has sea views) our friends got a 3 bedroom one as they have 3 children.

There are great kids play areas, lovely pools, the kids club was great (my eldest, aged 5, asked to go back more than we'd booked her in for!) and the restaurants are nice too. We didn't use the babysitting but they do offer it.

Hope that helps. I've also heard Sani Beach in Greece is amazing, but think it's more expensive...
Jo Mac
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Jo Mac » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 am

New for families this year was the Marbella Beach Club in Corfu, for 2015 it will be the Marbella Corfu. 5 Star but excellent value, has a crèche and kids clubs from 6 months run by UK based Worldwide Kids. We have had excellent reviews this year. Have a look at http://www.familyholidayscompany.com/ma ... otel-corfu or you can see the reviews at http://www.familyholidayscompany.com/ma ... fu/reviews
As you are 5 (same as us and annoying for rooms on holiday) you have to take a 2 bedroom Suite but this gives you lots of room and at them moment is just over £3200 for the 5 of you (assuming your 3 kids are under 12) for half board for a week in peak season at the moment. Flights would be extra but still is excellent value.
fionapm
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby fionapm » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 am

We went to Martinhal as well. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.