BP on Clapham Northside

5 posts
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

BP on Clapham Northside

Postby Vhopeful » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:51 pm

Does anyone on here live close to the BP garage on Clapham Common Northside, if so are you within 100-150m, do you notice much noise/pollution as a result? Would you buy/rent there again if you had your chance over? Is Sugden Road bad as a through road, do you get a lot of cars speeding down it onto the a3? Any personal feedback would be great.
schoolgatesmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: BP on Clapham Northside

Postby schoolgatesmum » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:17 pm

Sugden Road is a great road! It is a very friendly road and you wouldn't regret moving there. There is a bit of through traffic but not anymore than other side roads. I wouldn't say the noise of the garage is much of a problem - if anything the garage is very useful when you've run out of milk in the morning. And of course you have the advantage of having the common at one end of the road and great bus routes the other end. Message me if you want any more info.
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vhopeful » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:24 am

Thanks schoolgatesmum, reading research online it seems benzene levels near fuel stations can increase risk of cancer. Dont suppose the council have ever done readings near this fuel station and published the reports to the residents?
schoolgatesmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby schoolgatesmum » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:46 pm

Not that I know of Vhopeful. I think if you’re looking anywhere in London levels of pollution are going to be an issue. The quality of life I get from Sugden Road far outweighs having the BP garage at the end of it.
sloaney donkey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sloaney donkey » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:46 pm

I wouldn't worry

Petrol stations are on very valuable land in London and close all the time to be redeveloped as housing.

And in 15 years we will be all-electric. The BP garage is in the ULEZ extension which in all likelihood will be extended to all petrol and hybrids at some point after introduction in 2020.

Buy as a Long Term investment.

SP

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.