Mother/Baby Psychotherapy C&W Hospital

3 posts
Mother_Of_Boys
Options:
Share this post on:

Mother/Baby Psychotherapy C&W Hospital

Postby Mother_Of_Boys » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Just wondered who has benefitted from the Mother Baby Psychotherapy at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital? I honestly believed it saved my life when I was suffering from PND. So helpful to have a space to talk about my raging anxiety after I had my son. I felt held and heard. It was central to me making a full recovery and everyone recovers from this illness. Who else has it helped?
Suresha
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Mother/Baby Psychotherapy C&W Hospital

Postby Suresha » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am

I’m a GP in Wandsworth and have been so for 24 years. I have witnessed at first hand how maternal mental illness has finally been recognised as a serious condition which health professionals strive to diagnose in the Perinatal period and refer for treatment. We are extremely lucky to have access to not only the psychiatric team at st George’s and IAPT, but also to the psychotherapy team at Chelsea Westminster . The women referred to Chelsea Westminster include many with chronic underlying issues which affect their ability to bond with their baby.They can be seen throughout pregnancy and for up to a year postnatally at Chelsea or in the Wandsworth community area at designated Gp surgeries. Babies are welcome to the sessions, and partners may also be involved.I have always had amazing feedback from patients who have received excellent treatment from Danny O’Shea, the lead psychotherapist, and his team.
MomML
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Mother/Baby Psychotherapy C&W Hospital

Postby MomML » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 am

Literally, EVERY mom, or even everyone should have a chance to get mental health service like this!!

I have been suffering from mental health problem for more than 10 years. I tried all the sources that I can find, from north east London to central London (London bridge area), to south west London. FINALLY, something works.

I was referred to Dr Danny O’shea at Chelsea&Westminster hospital. Before that, I saw dozens of psychiatrists and received different treatments. I had doctors looking up his book in front of me then told me that medicine should be fine. Only one of them cared and did a good job, Dr Dan Rucker, who referred me to Dr O’shea, but he left the service later.

Sessions with Dr O’shea is the ONLY time talking therapy works (oh trust me, I’m no stranger to talking therapy).

It really helped me to overcome my depression and functioning as a happy human being, as a mom. I was able to take good care of my baby. It is a massive change from suicidal depression to a loving mother. I cannot thank Dr O’shea more, and I’m sure the team he is leading is also as excellent. I can even help other moms I know if they are having a bad day or advice them to a service like that.

Please moms, if any of you having issues, please go contact psychotherapy service from Dr O’shea and his team.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.