For the cyclist in your life - Tour of Lombardy weekend.

1 post
juliantenniscoach
Options:
Share this post on:

For the cyclist in your life - Tour of Lombardy weekend.

Postby juliantenniscoach » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi there,

The recent Liege Bastogne Liege brought the first part of an exciting season to a close. I thought I would send you an update on the last Monument of the cycling season, the most beautiful Tour of Lombardy. I have booked rooms in a great hotel in Lake Como, right at the start of both the Pro race and the Sportive.

It is the second time I've run this trip following last year's successful event, and it's bound to be very popular. The 'Gran Fondo Il Lombardia' is a monument for the hardy souls coming right at the end of the season routed around the beautiful Lake Como. For race day I have arranged a little treat for us too, but it's a secret until we get there! I will have a list of routes and restaurants to ensure an authentic cycling experience in this wonderful location.

Dates:- Fly out early Friday 12th October to Milan then transfer to our hotel, rated 4* by TripAdvisor, which is ideally situated in Lake Como. Set up bikes, gentle spin and dinner in one of the many great trattoria's.

Saturday 13th is pro race day. We'll be up and out onto the course and watch the pros and then head off a very special bar/cafe I have in mind to watch the finale.

Sunday 14th is our day for the Sportive. It's a circuit around the Lake including the most iconic climbs like the Madonna del Ghisallo. It's a tough day in the saddle to complete the "Gran Fondo Il Lombardia".

Monday 15th is your time for a recovery ride around the lake, some sightseeing or just a lazy breakfast before we make our way back on Monday afternoon. There is the option for a visit to the Colnago museum on our way back to Milan. All in all an amazing weekend.

Price is £745*for the weekend inc:-

FLIGHTS WITH BRITISH AIRWAYS INC BIKE CARRIAGE
PRIVATE TRANSFERS INC BREAKFAST
OWN ROOM
SPORTIVE ENTRY
Which is amazing value!

*based on flight availability 25/4

Many thanks and I hope you can make it.

Julian

Julian Cousins
www.tennis-teaching.com
07802 851453
Follow me on Facebook too! -
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Julian ... 0715815189
please reply to julian@tennis-teaching.com

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.