Going to the Maldives with children

11 posts
nannyneeded
Options:
Share this post on:

Going to the Maldives with children

Postby nannyneeded » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:09 pm

Hi,
Has anyone been to the Maldives with children? And if so are there any resorts that you would recommend?
Thank you xxx
FlightCentreMax
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Going to the Maldives with children

Postby FlightCentreMax » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:45 am

Hey there,

The Maldives is perfect for families, with plenty for kids to do from Watersports to kids clubs.

One hotel we would highly recommend is the Centara Grand Island resort, they come with bunk beds for the kids, plenty of kids clubs and they offer a fantastic All-Inclusive rate to keep the budget. They also offer babysitting services so you can enjoy some alone time from the kids and make the most of the freedom.

Just out of interest how old are the kids?

If you want any more help with this, please feel free to get in touch with me, my email is max.kurn@flightcentre.co.uk or drop into our Flight Centre store on Northcote Road.

Max
Fairylights
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Fairylights » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:22 pm

Yes! We’ve been twice with our and stayed at the Constance Haliveli both times. It’s amazing.
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Try Kanuhura.
Ferrywind
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ferrywind » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:03 am

We went to Per Aquum Niyama. I believe they are the only ones in Maldives to take very young children (although all ages around 3-4 when we were there) in their kids club. We didn’t use it for whole days as so enjoyed snorkelling and swimming together but it was beautiful shaded area in centre of island with water spout play area and mini kitchen for cookery lessons. They provided a timetable so you could dip in and out if u preferred - activities like dolphin watching trips, hermit crab racing, kite flying etc. I quite fancied going myself!
Obviously with kids the rooms with pool on the beach are best but we did enjoy cycling round (kids seat attached to the bikes provided) and looking at the over water villas too. We would def go back there with kids.

Travel Designers
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Travel Designers » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm

One of our favourite resorts for family clients, is the lovely Kuramathi, www.kuramathi.com . They have fanstastic two bedroom beach houses which are so popular and a great kids clubs. However this is just one of many I could recommend.

If I can assist you, please do not hesitate to get in-touch, nick@traveldesigners.co.uk or 020 7720 8484 - Please do remember as a Nappy Valley Net member you do receive a 5% discount too.

Best wishes

Nick
foodeditorjo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby foodeditorjo » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:14 pm

I was in the Maldives in November, writing about spas for Tatler and visited two resorts. One of them, Moofushi, was excellent for children I think. Depends how old though! Lots of diving and snorkelling on offer, trips to spot dolphins, pool room, board games, children's spa treatments, lovely beach and a very chilled vibe, as well as a great selection of foods at the buffet for fussy eaters! Older ones will love the Insta-friendly spots for photos - lots of loungers dotted around, plus a window frame in the sea for pix. Also, it's All inclusive but offers a high standard (unlike some) so you won't get any nasty ice cream bills (or vodka!) at the end of your stay. Not sure it would be ideal for toddlers as there are steps down from the villas directly into the sea. Hope this helps.
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby monaco » Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Just want to say to foodeditorjo: dream job!!!
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com
Natalia3005
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Natalia3005 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:45 am

We went to the Maldives 4 years ago and we didn't take our little one for various wrong reasons. We met there a lovely couple fron NZ with their 2 yo daughter and they were impressed with the services offered by the hotel for their toddler.
So I cant tell you by personal experience but we know for sure we definitely will take our son next time!

foodeditorjo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby foodeditorjo » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:02 pm

monaco wrote:Just want to say to foodeditorjo: dream job!!!
Yes, I know! But I only do a couple per year and to be honest, journalism is so appallingly paid that I can't afford holidays. So have to enjoy the perks while I can.
Annsw80
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annsw80 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Kuramathi was great. They had so many activities for the kids...

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.