Dolphin House vs Parkgate House

3 posts
SabineMum
Share this post on:

Dolphin House vs Parkgate House

Postby SabineMum » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Hello,

We're looking for a small, nurturing independent school for our shy son and have settled on Parkgate House and Dolphin House, which we've visited of course. We're hesitant because we're seeing as many pros (and cons) to each school (Parkgate seems better for outdoor pursuits and leavers seem to go on to the type of secondary schools we're thinking of, but is depleted of boys in the last two years; Dolphin has no outdoor space, but we thought the Head impressive; it has more extracurricular activities, and children seem to go on to decent secondary schools too although the list seems less extensive). Any thoughts for parents at these schools/who have experienced these schools/have also considered both?

Thanking you in advance!
somemum
Share this post on:

Re: Dolphin House vs Parkgate House

Postby somemum » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 am

I think Parkgate is great for them when they're little, but we had an experience of bullying later on, which the school didn't seem to be able to resolve. With not very many boys in the class, it's hard to get away from. Hornsby House has been brilliant for my son - he became a different, happier child there. If any nastiness happens, they seem to deal with it well, and it stops.
Beachboys
Share this post on:

Re: Dolphin House vs Parkgate House

Postby Beachboys » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Hello,

If you mean Dolphin School, my kids go there and I'm very happy with it. Do PM me if you would like more feedback or a chat.