Postby Jellybeans » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:09 am

tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Au pair killed

Postby tooposhtopush » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:22 am

How awful, it's also in the Standard

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/t ... 40796.html

A man and woman have been charged with the murder of a French au pair whose burnt body was found in the garden of a house in south London.

Police raced to the Edwardian end-of-terrace home in Wandsworth after parents walking their children home from school reported a large blaze and “wierd-smelling” smoke coming from the home in south London on Wednesday evening.
NorthcoteLuvvie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NorthcoteLuvvie » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:35 am

Mum2two2012
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mum2two2012 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:58 am

This is awful. What is happening to society?
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am

From the Evening Standard...

Sabrina Kouider, ex-girlfriend of Boyzone founding member, charged with bonfire murder of French nanny

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/s ... 41011.html

Balance
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Balance » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:45 am

Neighbours report loud arguments between the two people charged with murder. Sounds like domestic/male supremacist violence which makes the killing of the female nanny trying to leave more like domestic violence. Leaving domestic/supremacist abusers is always the most dangerous time. So sad she lost her life trying to get away.
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 am

Balance wrote:Neighbours report loud arguments between the two people charged with murder. Sounds like domestic/male supremacist violence which makes the killing of the female nanny trying to leave more like domestic violence. Leaving domestic/supremacist abusers is always the most dangerous time. So sad she lost her life trying to get away.
Shall we just wait to find out what happened...
SW12Pops
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW12Pops » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04 pm

Vicky11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vicky11 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:17 pm

How awful
Some people are so selfish and evil to take an innocent‘s life.

orderaboveall
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby orderaboveall » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm

Shocking beyond belief. Sending my prayers to her family and those little children.
atbattersea
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby atbattersea » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:01 pm

Mum2two2012 wrote:This is awful. What is happening to society?
Facebook and American TV.
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Au pair murder trial: verdict

Postby Annabel (admin) » Thu May 24, 2018 11:01 am

The verdict has just been announced in the trial of Sabrina Kouider, 34, and Ouissem Medouni, 40 and the Southfield's couple have been found guilty of the murder of Sophie Lionnet.

I know that won't be much consolation for her friends and family but at least the perpetuators have been brought to justice.

It goes without saying that our thoughts are with her family and friends.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-44238521

Balance
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Balance » Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 am

Shall we just wait to find out what happened...
[/quote]

Actually, there's very clear patterns to male supremacist/domestic violence. You may not know much about them but having buried two children to a man that behaves in this way in private, I can very clearly recognise supremacist violence when I see it.

Vista321
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vista321 » Tue May 29, 2018 11:05 am

I was so saddened by this case and just wondered if anyone thought it might be a good idea to perhaps raise some money for the family of this au pair, as a sign of care and concern from the community in London within which she worked. I know it'd be small consolation for them but may enable them to build a memorial or something similar which may be helpful?
I'd happily contribute.
Annabel - is this possible?
Sea Hibiscus
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sea Hibiscus » Tue May 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Balance wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:06 am Shall we just wait to find out what happened...
Actually, there's very clear patterns to male supremacist/domestic violence. You may not know much about them but having buried two children to a man that behaves in this way in private, I can very clearly recognise supremacist violence when I see it.
[/quote]

I am sorry for your loss; no parent should have to bury their children.

I think your comments seemed too hasty, at the time, given that there was little more than rumour and gossip about what went on in their home.

Now that evidence has been presented, we are clearer about the abuse Sophie suffered. She was tortured for months before her death, however, BOTH the MAN and WOMAN were found guilty.

The woman was apparently diagnosed with mental health problems...so is that an excuse? No. She should, and ought to, have sought help, however, she instead chose to be complicit in most evil acts. Her two children will be without their mother: and that is totally her fault. She doesn't get a 'pass' because she is a woman. Woman are responsible for their actions.

Sophie Lionnet had her young life taken, and two children will have to come to terms with what their mother did.

Let's remember what is important, please.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.