Property Operations Intern (IMMEDIATE START) - Paid
Job Type: Minimum of 20 hours per week
Salary: £9.75 / hour
Job Location: London SW12
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic person to join us for an initial 3-month term, starting immediately. For the right individual there will be the opportunity for a permanent position.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate who lives in the Nappy Valley area.
Madison Hill is a small, growing company, that finds, lets and manages up-market properties, which are rented to short term guests, such as corporate clients, holiday makers, and locals who need a temporary home-from-home.
Our customers value us for our personal service and the care and attention we give them. We’re friendly, genuine, and our focus is on helping people have a comfortable, stress-free stay.
We’re growing and are ambitious about doing something different. We offer a welcoming environment, flexibility and the promise of interesting career opportunities as the business expands.
This is a varied role with the requirement of a good mix of skills.
Operational processes are vital to our success and we need them carefully documented so that all future staff can be guided.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure that properties meet our standards of cleanliness and preparation for occupiers - Carry out property inspections, looking for cleaning and maintenance issues, then ensure all issues are resolved
• Assist our Service Coordinator with supporting of our cleaning contractors, to ensure they are supplied with linens and cleaning supplies as required
• Manage utility and service providers
• Source & purchase stock and spare parts
• Create and update property documents/notices
• Document all processes that you are involved in delivering
• Meet and greet guests and tenants - Provide them with keys, complete identity checks, brief them about the property and make them aware of additional services.
• Basic bookkeepingRequirements
Only apply if you:
• Have a meticulous eye for detail, an inherent need for accuracy and uncompromisingly high standards
• Are hardworking – this isn’t a standard “9-5” organisation and you will need to be available to work some evening hours, every second weekend and at times over the Christmas period
• Aren’t afraid to muck in and get your hands dirty
• Are efficiency focused with excellent time management skills; good at scheduling and prioritising
• You are customer service minded with ability to be firm; genuinely hospitable with excellent communication skills, including with non-English speakers.
• Have a Driver's License
• Live within 3 miles of SW12
• Are fluent in English
• Can lift and carry 20 kg
• Have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Word and Excel
We prefer that you have an HND, DipHE, completed the 2nd year of a Bachelor degree, or equivalent.
We don’t require you to have lots of work experience to be considered for this internship. Most important to us is your sharpness, attitude, and exceptional work ethic.Benefits
This is a fantastic chance to get in at ground level and play a vital role in the success of a start-up.
We offer a minimum of 20 hours per week. However, we anticipate that this will be much more in practice.
Your hours are flexible and we will fit them to your requirements as much as possible.
We pay the London Living Wage as determined by the Living Wage Commission.Apply Now
Send us your CV and a Cover Letter explaining what appeals to you about this job and why you think you are suitable.
We’ll get back to you in 48 hours if you meet our requirements.
We’re looking to fill the position and for the role to commence as soon as possible.
Application Closing Date: 27 October 2017
Email your application to: email@example.com