At reCentre, Balham, we strongly believe in supporting the wellbeing of local mums and mums-to-be. We know that creating time for yourself is critical to maintaining the energy you need for motherhood but it can be challenging. With that in mind, here are our top tips for looking after you:
- Schedule time for yourself. This might seem impossible but there is always a way. It can be especially challenging with a small baby but getting childcare for when baby is asleep; waiting for dad to get home in the evening or calling in family support at the weekend can all help. Make time each week for you to put yourself first. You deserve it!
- Get clear about your needs. With your ‘me time’, what would you like to achieve? Do you need pure relaxation? Or do you need to energise? Is it physical fitness that’s more important to you? Or just to have some fun?
- What will you do with your ‘me time’? Once you are clear about what you need, decide how best to achieve this? What do you find most relaxing or most energizing? How do you like to keep fit? How do you have fun? What will you do to meet your needs?
- Get support – whether it is from your husband or partner, friends or family, a personal trainer, coach or therapist. Make sure the people around you know how important your ‘me time’ is for your energy and well-being so they can give you their full support.
- Just Do It! Make your ‘me time’ activities a non-negotiable. Your needs are just as important as everyone else’s and everyone around you will benefit from the balance this provides you.
reCentre is a well-being centre for everyone – newborn to nineties. We cater for both pre- and post- natal women offering a wide variety of services such as yoga, Pilates, baby massage courses, mum and baby classes, pregnancy treatments, breast feeding support, cranial osteopathy and most complementary therapies. We’re also a Physiotherapy clinic, so can treat the aches and pains associated with pregnancy as well as any abdominal or pelvic floor issues that might occur after giving birth.
*Applicable to in-house therapies (physiotherapy, osteopathy, clinical pilates, massage and reflexology) and classes. Not applicable to complementary therapies including acupuncture). Subject to availability. Not in conjunction with any other offer.