“It’s far better to be a first rate version of yourself as opposed to being a second rate version of someone else”. So, what would you need to do to become the best version of yourself?
Janey Holliday from Making Things Easy and Fit for a Princess gives her top 10 tips on how to start being the best version of you!
- ‘Comparison is the thief of joy’ Avoid comparing yourself to others at all costs, it is exhausting and is often the starting point for depression or giving yourself a hard time.
- Nourish yourself both mentally and physically , instead of punishing yourself. This simple switch can be life-changing for many women.
- Focus on what you need to do for you, not what others are doing or what others think you should be doing. You are the boss of your own life!
- What other people think of you is none of your business. This is one of the most empowering lessons in life. If people have things to think and say about you, that’s their stuff, not yours.
- Be in your own side. Work with yourself, encourage yourself and strive to be yourself at all times.
- Be realistic. 90% of women would be better off accepting they can be a healthy, happy size 14 for life, than permanently fail at striving to be a size 8 for the rest of their life.
- Make peace with your choices. When you make a choice or decision that is authentic to you and your body / life / family / money / situation, know why that was important to you and drown out the noise of ego or external influences that make you doubt yourself.
- You can’t change the past, so don’t regret anything. You can’t rely on the future either, so never wish your time away. Live for today only and be grateful for everything you have.
- What you focus on, you get, so don’t waste any talk, energy or time on things that don’t serve you or drag you down. That includes friends who are energy vampires or circumstances that stop your flourishing.
10. It’s never too late to become what you might have been. Never lose hope or give up on your dreams and aspirations, but also give yourself time to achieve them! You don’t have to achieve everything right now. Pace yourself and slow down a little!
Janey has created a 40 week online coaching program called BEST that runs from the 4th March until the end of November 2014. If you need to take control, create more self-respect, look after yourself, let things go, sort your priorities out, lighten up, find your inner confidence, beat self-sabotage and make things easier, sign up for her free webinar her where she explains all about her 9 steps to being the BEST! http://makingthingseasy.com/project/best/