Burglars target homes that appear empty, so the easiest way to thwart them is to make your home appear busy and lived-in.
We spoke to Richard Trinick- from the local security experts- SDS London to get their tips on what you should do before you go on holiday!
1)Use timers to turn on and off lights, televisions and sound systems.
2)Never leave an answer machine message indicating that you are not at home.
3)Make arrangements with your neighbour or a friend to come by while you are away to ensure that
your mail, newspaper or flyers don’t accumulate.
4) Make sure all your doors and windows are securely fastened with insurance approved locks
5) Leave your curtains slightly parted so your house doesn’t have an empty look.
6) Make sure that you cancel any deliveries that might be left outside and indicate that the home is empty, such us milk or newspaper deliveries.
7) Be sure to leave a car in your driveway while you are away.
8) Have someone mow your lawn or rake leaves if you are going to be away for a while.
9) Avoid discussing your holidays plans with strangers; you never know who they might pass the information onto.
10) Don’t forget to set your burglar alarm!
Book your free security check before you go on holiday.
http://www.sdslondon.co.uk 183 -189 Northcote Road, Battersea, London, SW11 6QF Tel: 020 7228 1185