Nurseries in SW11. - which to choose?

20 posts
mummag
Options:
Share this post on:

Nurseries in SW11. - which to choose?

Postby mummag » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:42 pm

I am considering sending my 10 month old daughter to either Lavender Hill Nursery, Kidsunlimited or Northcote Gardens...does any one have any recent feedback?
Amyeastall
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nurseries in SW11. - which to choose?

Postby Amyeastall » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:48 am

My son has been at Northcote Gardens for the last 18 months and I could not recommend it highly enough. The teachers are lovely and so approachable and very hands on.

He is off to school in September and I will be so sad to say goodbye, as will he.
mummag
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mummag » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks for your reply Amy. I think that is the Nursery I have decided to go with.
SJH Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SJH Mummy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:04 pm

Hi there,

My daughter, now 13 months, has been at KidsUnlimited since she was 10 months old. I have found it a great place. All the girls are very caring and yet professional. Both Kaye and Peggy (management) are there all the time and seem to know the name of all the children there.
I have nothing but praise for them. Our daughter took a little time to settle there but the girls were fully supportive and kind all the time, offering plenty of cuddles and reassurance (for her and for me!)
falconmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby falconmum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 am

hi SJH,

Can you share the fee structure at Kidsunlimited ? Happy to PM if you like .

SJH Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SJH Mummy » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:58 am

Hi there,

I'll PM the cost to you as perhaps I shouldn't post it on line - not sure so thought it best not to!

SJH
Calaya
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Calaya » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:08 pm

I have only heard great things about northcote gardens but last time i checked their waiting list was more than 1 year and you will only be able to register your child part time.
I thought i'll let you know in case you needed a nursury earlier or full time. Good luck!
maddy.kidsunlimited
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby maddy.kidsunlimited » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi falconmum,

Just wanted to let you know that the kidsunlimited fees can vary depending on the age of your child, the number of days and whether any FEF applies. (free entitlement funding.) We also do corporate, sibling and recommend a friend discounts.

Please feel free to call us on 0845 365 2900 or email enquiries@kidsunlimited.co.uk and we can give you more information according to your needs.

Hope this helps!

www.kidsunlimited.co.uk/contact/
blondie
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby blondie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:35 pm

I cannot recommend Blundells nursery highly enough, it is brilliant!
A lovely building and caring staff, my children are very happy there. website: www.blundellsdaynursery.co.uk

anootka
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby anootka » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:03 am

Hi I can't rave enough about my boys' nursery in SW11
Bluebells Nursery School is the best place for my two boys who are as different as two children can be
The wonderful staff is so good with both of them and treats their individuality in such a lovely caring environment that I feel at ease each time I drop them off in the morning. The nursery is quite new with it's doors opened almost 2 years ago but the two head teachers have amazing experience and are extremely nurturing and have helped mold both my children into gorgeous young little boys with amazing personalities.
They are doing an open house Thursday March 21, but it's not just my word, every single parent who brings their child to this special loving place will say absolutely the same thing, do come along on the day and you will be pleasantly surprised by the amount of space both indoor and outdoor children have to explore! I will be there as well as all the other parents who love it as much as we do!
Anna
http://www.bluebellsnurseryschool.co.uk/
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SabineMum » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:23 pm

My son, now 2 and a half, is very happy at Grove Hall a little further out in Balham. Great place if you'd like your child to be spoken to in both English and French although it's not always been the case depending on staff allocations. They're quite into music and have a lady who comes in once a week to play the guitar and sing nursery rhymes with them. My son knew all the well-known nursery rhymes before he could even talk.
KUNorthcoteRoad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby KUNorthcoteRoad » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am

Hi There

Just a quick note to introduce myself as the new manager at Kidsunlimited on Chatham Road.

I know its slightly bad form to promote ones own nursery through a thread like this, (well, I think so, I haven’t quite grasped the etiquette on nappy valley vs. mumsnet etc!) but I just wanted to say if you want to send me a PM I would be pleased to tell you not just about the nursery, but also my attitude to disinterested nursery staff!

Regards
Gareth
Happyfaces
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Happyfaces » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Petal,

I felt the same about Northcote Gardens, my 18 month old son found it hard to settle and would constantly scream, the staff were not reassuring towards me and I felt they thought he was just being a pain. They were also bad with writing down sleep times and food etc. I also found it frustrating that there were constantly new staff coming and going, it was hard for my son to settle in let along having different people every week looking after him.

There are to many children in one room and it was all a bit to over whelming for my son.

After around 3 months we took him out, I waited until he was 2 and sent him to the bolingbroke playgroup mon-fri mornings.

Hope this helps.

Happyfaces
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Happyfaces » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:44 am

Hi Petal,

I felt the same about Northcote Gardens, my 18 month old son found it hard to settle and would constantly scream, the staff were not reassuring towards me and I felt they thought he was just being a pain. They were also bad with writing down sleep times and food etc. I also found it frustrating that there were constantly new staff coming and going, it was hard for my son to settle in let along having different people every week looking after him.

There are to many children in one room and it was all a bit to over whelming for my son.

After around 3 months we took him out, I waited until he was 2 and sent him to the bolingbroke playgroup mon-fri mornings.

Hope this helps.
Maryc1981
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Maryc1981 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:41 pm

Agreed with SJH Mummy, we have found Kidsunlimited a wonderful nursery. My daughter (21 months) took a while to settle in, the staff were always very responsive to her needs giving lots of cuddles and attention. We are actually moving my daughter to the newly opened Northcote Kidsunlimited (because it's closer to our home), and though we are sorry to say goodbye to the Wandsworth nursery, this new nursery looks equally as fantastic with a very well equipped outdoor area.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.