Recommendations for Bali

5 posts
Rach1965
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommendations for Bali

Postby Rach1965 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Im heading to Bali for Christmas. Does anyone have any recommendations of restaurants and must see places to go?
denshort
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommendations for Bali

Postby denshort » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 am

Where in Bali are you staying and is it with the fam, girls/lads trip etc.?
meeshter
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby meeshter » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:45 pm

For restaurants:
Jimbaran bay beach - little huts on the beach that cook fresh seafood and tables set up on the beach while you watch the sunset.
In Seminyak: Ku De Ta is a good option or La Luciola
In Ubud: Cafe Lotus is just about the prettiest place to eat - its in the an old temple.
Rosie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Rosie81 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:31 am

If you are in Seminyak I would definitely recommend Sarong. Completely amazing food, stunning venue and lovely atmosphere. Booking is a must.

Also, the tiger palm in Seminyak Square is great too.

I loved Grocer and Grind for a spot of lunch when in town. Has an air con restaurant which can be a nice break from the heat!

Also second Ku De Ta for a beach club hangout. A bit more chilled than Potato Head which also might be worth a visit.

Have a great holiday!
samantha.trinity.rd
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby samantha.trinity.rd » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

Christmas in bali will be wonderful!
I’ve been a few times and was there 6 weeks in feb/March.
Can highly recommend the following:
- Restaurant locavore - ubud. Listed in worlds best restaurants. Must book several weeks in advance. Incredible tasting menu.
- Karsa spa - ubud. Best rated spa in Bali. Cheap as chips. Book in advance. I had 8hours of treatments for c£60!!
- sunrise trek - mount Batir. Best thing we did in Bali. Collected around 1-2am. Trek up the mountain to arrive at the top for sunrise. Incredible experience. Take a fleece/light jacket as it’s cold in the early hours.
- canggu- the cutest, hip area with lots of instagram-worthy coffee shops, paddy fields etc. Fins beach club is lively.
- Gili islands - they are wonderful, what people imagine when they think of Bali. Approx 1km wide, white sand, clear water. There are 3: trewangan (t) - party/lively/young, amazing nightly street food market. Air - the quietest, beautiful, go there to do nothing. Meno - between the 2. This is a couples island.
- hire a driver for the day and go visit temples, beaches etc - it’s very cheap. I can send you numbers of ones I’ve used if interested.

Happy for you to PM me re anything specific
All the best
Sam

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.