Art groups for a 4 year old?

4 posts
urbanblossom
Options:
Share this post on:

Art groups for a 4 year old?

Postby urbanblossom » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Hi there

My little girl is no longer going to nursery, because we've only just moved here, just waiting to start at school in September - and she's clearly missing the stimulation of a pre-school day. I'm doing my best but it's tricky while I'm so busy getting the house ready!

I'm looking for some group art activities - preferably art because that's her favourite thing to do - but I'd consider any fun informal groups not too far from the Northcote Road area where she can have fun with me but also with other children similar in age to her.

Thanks for your help x
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Art groups for a 4 year old?

Postby Alchemy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:10 pm

The Stay & Play sessions at Fledglings on the Common (behind the playground off Chivalry Road) are excellent.

Not an organised activity, but a wide choice of indoor and outdoor toys to play with and interact with similar aged children, while parents can have a coffee and a chat. It's drop-in only, so just show up.

Hours are 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday, and 9.30am to 11.30am Saturday.
Bunnypigeon1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bunnypigeon1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Gosh there is so much to choose from. Download the hoop app for up to date ideas. But off the top of my head - picassos in the park at skylark cafe, artsy party, artful toddler. The Bertie and boo restaurant on northcote road is running daily arts and crafts sessions. Those are just the more art geared activities. For sports - playball, all stars tennis, Gymboree, the little gym, open air fit, etc. Activ camps if you want a full day.
So much!
pie81
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pie81 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:21 pm

Suggest you look up Active Art (held at the Naturescope hut on Wandsworth Common) and Arty Party (held at the Kalos Centre on Endlesham Road, plus possibly other places). Both are art based holiday clubs. I haven't tried them myself but a friend's children have done Arty Party and enjoyed it.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.