Ravenstone

5 posts
HappyWalrus
Options:
Share this post on:

Ravenstone

Postby HappyWalrus » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Happily and slightly surprisingly, our son has a place at Ravenstone for September.

We're very pleased -- seemed a lovely school when we visited, and the head is very impressive. But we don't really know anyone else whose children go are going there. (We live a little way away from the school and most neighbours/friends are going to other state schools or going private.)

So we were hoping to get impressions/thoughts from others who are Ravenstone-bound (or there already) and maybe arrange to meet so our son can meet his future classmates.

Hope to hear from you soon.
headshrinker
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Ravenstone

Postby headshrinker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Hi TootingAbout
Congratualtions!
Will post a link to this on the Ravenstone Facebook page to see if there are any people with kids going into reception who you can get in touch with. (Mine are a bit older so not much use!)
They usually organise an event towards the end of the summer term to get the kids to meet the teachers and see their new school so I am sure you will meet some people there. When my son was starting I collected emails and then some of us met up in the summer holidays before starting school.
It's a lovely school and very friendly so I am sure you will be happy with it.
Feel free to contact me in the meantime if you have any questions.
Oh, and do join our Facebook Group www.facebook.com/ravenstonepta
and definitely come to Ravenstock, our summer festival (on July 8th 1-5pm) because it is hands down, the best school summer fair ever!
DangerMouse
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Hi TootingAbout,

My youngest is starting in Reception at Ravenstone in September. His siblings are already there and have had a fantastic time at school - it's a warm and inclusive environment with enthusiastic and nurturing staff. Our children have always been excited about what they are learning as well as about the sport, art and drama opportunities.

I'll send you my contact details so we can arrange a meet-up.

Have a great weekend!
i'macowboy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby i'macowboy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:44 pm

Hello TootingAbout,

I'd be happy to meet if you like - my son will be starting in reception in September too; he's currently in the nursery class and his sister is already at Ravenstone and we love it :) . Drop me a PM, and we'll go from there!
Mumoneofeach
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mumoneofeach » Fri May 19, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi. My son Stanley is starting there in September 2017. We absolutely loved the school but don't know anyone else going. I would love to meet other parents. Have our kids meet at a platdate etc. Please let me know if anyone else on this post is interested. X

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.