Nursery recommendations please

12 posts
Mrsmac35
Options:
Share this post on:

Nursery recommendations please

Postby Mrsmac35 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi
Can anyone recommend a nursery for a two and a half year old, just a few mornings a week?
Somewhere close to Wandsworth Common and Earlsfield and preferably with outside space

Thank you
WandsCommFam
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nursery recommendations please

Postby WandsCommFam » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Bertrum House Nursery.. our daughter was, and our son is, there - I am biased but would recommend it unreservedly.
See http://bertrumhousenursery.co.uk/ and https://www.facebook.com/bertrumhousenursery/
LillieBuckley
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LillieBuckley » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 am

Better you choose a nursery that is nearby your area. For this you need to seek referrals from friends and neighbours.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 am

Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bodders1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:29 pm

The Montessori school on Chestnut Grove is fantastic - my boys spent a total of 5 years there and I couldn't fault it.

Bodders1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bodders1 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Sorry just realised you mention Earlsfield/W Common so Balham may be too far.
sky
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sky » Fri May 05, 2017 1:27 pm

Have you looked at Mayfield Nursery? It's a family-run nursery, tucked away in the Springfield Hospital site, just off Burntwood Lane so it sounds like the location may suit you. I have two children there at the moment and do not have a bad word to say about it. The staff are all really lovely and rarely leave (which I take as a very good sign). There are three rooms, all of which are really large and there is a huge garden which is what appealed to me when I chose it. They also have separate sleep rooms which I think is a great idea as it means that the little ones who need to sleep aren't disrupted by those who don't. You can do the virtual tour of inside nursery on Google which I found really useful as it's hard to take it all in when you visit. I did lots of research before choosing a nursery and asked current mums which was really helpful.

Best of luck!
GuyD73
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby GuyD73 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Our two girls have been at Bright Horizons Wandsworth since they were 6 and 9 months. It has an excellent Ofsted rating but more importantly, in every room they have been in (baby/toddlers/preschool) they have both formed incredibly strong and loving bonds with a number of the ladies who care for the children. It is genuine love and warmth (so much so that smallest wants to visit one of her carers who has moved to a different branch of the nursery near Canary Wharf!) and they have both thrived in that environment. It has great outside areas and the management is both fantastic and flexible, definitely worth a look.
golfwidow
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby golfwidow » Mon May 15, 2017 9:04 am

I would second Mayfield Nursery. Raj and Jyoti run a great team there and my son was very happy there from when he started at 11 months until he started at school.

We also loved the outside space, and the nursery really maximises it.

NYE31
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby NYE31 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:49 am

Our DS was at Eveline Nursery on Geraldine Road before he started school.

https://www.evelinedaynursery.com/geraldine-road-ptd5g
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alchemy » Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 pm

Not sure you're still looking, but for this age group and morning-only care you can't beat Fledglings on the Common, off Chivalry Road. (This was formerly the Bolingbroke One O'Clock Centre and is still marked as such on many maps.)

Lovely staff, excellent outside space, and very affordable. Both my sons attend(ed), and couldn't be happier.
sask
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sask » Mon May 15, 2017 1:39 pm

I second Bright Horizons Wandsworth. Incredible nursery with wonderful, caring staff. They are rated OFSTED outstanding. Have had a brilliant experience with this nursery over the past year and a half.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.