Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: New shop on Trinity Road by Brinkleys

Postby Annabel (admin) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:23 pm

FullSizeRender 5.jpg
Hello Everyone
There is a new shop opening on Trinity Road in the place of an old Indian restaurant.

No idea what it is going to be...
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:28 pm

Actually found something...new bar...
Located on Wandsworth Common, it’s a part of London packed with young professionals. “We had a completely different idea – one for a popup actually – but we realized the neighborhood was more grown up and affluent than we thought, so a dive bar wasn’t probably the best idea,” laughs Dan. Once they found a great site – which was previously home to an Indian restaurant – they moved past pop-up to permanent.
http://mixology.eu/bars-en/stillwater-b ... n/?lang=en
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:46 am

About time that old Indian Restaurant site was used once more.

I've been in Nappy Valley for at least 15 years now and, although all the signs were up, I never saw it open.

A bar should do quite well, there was a bar that was beside the Indian Ocean Restaurant nearer Bellevue Road for a couple of years ( when it closed the Indian Ocean relocated to it's site confusingly) and that seemed to do well for the brief period that it was open.

The bar was called "Common" something - it wasn't "Common Ground" , ie the old name for the Skylark, but some punning name like that.

Hope it does well!
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Just to add that the Paloma Tapas bar failed quite quickly ( again next to Indian Ocean) which was a shame.
parsleysong
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby parsleysong » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 pm

I suppose it was hard for Paloma to compete with the fantastic Meze further down Trinity Road and it didn't look very inviting (to me). I got a few take aways from old Indian place with the brown awnings (can't even remember it's name now) but haven't been there for ages - again - there is so much stiff competition for good Indian food around here to get on foot or via those new delivery outfits.

Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:15 pm

I think you are right Parsley Song.

I did go to Palomas when it first opened but I found the food unremarkable and quite expensive for what it was...and as you say who could compete with Meze! :D

I think the "old" Indian restaurant was called "Veeraswamy or something similar???
TheMagenpies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TheMagenpies » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 am

Denwand. The old Indian restaurant was called Shoihee Shonah and was the only Indian restaurant in that stretch of road when I first moved here - 35 years ago! I recall there was an extremely nice woman called Debbie (I think), who appeared to be their maitre d. Back in those days it was great and a regular haunt of ours for many years. Sadly the quality of the food declined and Debbie left. That, in combination with the new competition from the Indian Ocean sealed its fate - sadly.

I can't remember the name of the other bar, I never went in there. But the ex-manager is now an acquaintance of mine. When we're next in touch I'll ask him what it was called!
Denwand
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Denwand » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:33 am

I've just remembered the name of the bar we were thinking about...

...it was called "The Gateway" :D

Phew my memory...

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.