French dentist in London -recommendations?

17 posts
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

French dentist in London -recommendations?

Postby monaco » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:41 pm

Hi

I know that there are quite a lot of French mums looking at this forum so hoping that one of you will be able to help.

Je suis à la recherche d'un dentiste pour procéder à une extraction de dent de sagesse. J'ai bien trouvé des adresses sur le net mais souhaiterais des recommendations de gens qui ont déjà été chez des dentistes français à Londres.

Thanks in advance!
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com
julie.ennos
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: French dentist in London -recommendations?

Postby julie.ennos » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:58 am

Hi!
I don't know if you are still looking for a french dentist in London, but Dr Laura Sadone is in South Kensington and she is amazing. I just had 2 fillings with her but she is very gentle and the practice is clean and nice!
http://drsadone.com
JulMar
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby JulMar » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:21 pm

I think that Laura Sadone is good choice. My friends are using her and are more than happy. I can also recommend Pauline Abitbol as she is always friendly and I never have to wait.
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:01 pm

It's posts like this that encouraged British people to vote to leave the EU. What is so special about French people that they can't see a non-French dentist? (And the original post did not specify a French-speaking dentist so it is not a language issue.)

I can't even imagine that an English person would post here asking for recommendations for an English dentist and, if they did, I expect that they would get some critical comments.

For the record, I am an EU migrant myself.
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Because when you are new somewhere you like to find things that makes you feel like home?

Because there is a difference in both approach to medicine: both will cure you but the french approach will do more prevention ie. Lets not it happen?

Because in the UK, dentists dint generally remove wisdom teeth but it is common practice in France?

FYI plenty of Brits in Paris ask the same questions. Look at websites about expats in Paris. It is exactly the same, i think it is only natural.

Rightly or wrongly.

papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:15 pm

supergirl wrote:Because when you are new somewhere you like to find things that makes you feel like home?
The original poster first moved to London 20 years ago. She's not exactly "fresh off the boat".

The same chauvinism is present among a fair proportion of the French community in London, although, to be fair, there is also a significant proportion of the community who do make an effort to integrate.

Lars Meier in his recent book "Migrant Professionals in the City" had a good quote about the French in London:

Code: Select all

If you don't pay attention to it, you could spend years here and still be French 100%, because you keep living in this secluded environment. The ex-patriates, most of them come here as French, they leave as French. They don't care about the British at all, they're not interested, most of them ... They live in their nice and gold-plated environment ...
As I said, if French ex-pats have the attitudes of the original poster, they can hardly blame British people for voting for Brexit.
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alchemy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:20 am

Without commenting on whether a French dentist is in any way better than an English (Polish, Swedish, you name it) one... I happened to use a French dentist and was very happy. (Now using an Australian one closer to home, and also happy.)

It's Bertrand Larmoyer at Cabinet Dentaire Français at 100 Harley St.

He was recommended to me as I was a "nervous" patient, and all his work was excellent, and virtually pain-free. His charges are relatively standard and not Harley St-level.
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:19 pm

Hi Monaco,

There is a lovely French dentist right here in Nappy Valley!
Marie at Glow, very smiley, very lovely and importantly very popular with a huge number of local French (and English) mums!

Annabel x
graceygirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby graceygirl » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:13 pm

Looking at the constituencies of people who voted for Brexit none of them are in the Nappy Valley area so alas I doubt posts like this have an impact.

French dental care is often a more gentle approach, I have been to one regarding wisdom teeth treatments that my brit dentist doesn't advocate etc.

Each to their own.

coconut
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby coconut » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:54 am

Hi I can recommend you Lionel Friedmann if you look for a good dentist
Conan the Londoner
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Conan the Londoner » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:13 pm

graceygirl wrote:Looking at the constituencies of people who voted for Brexit none of them are in the Nappy Valley area so alas I doubt posts like this have an impact.

French dental care is often a more gentle approach, I have been to one regarding wisdom teeth treatments that my brit dentist doesn't advocate etc.

Each to their own.
Oh I wouldn't say that. Clapham isn't only home to grasping, middle class ninnyhammers you know? I accept that most of the denizens from BTC don't actually socialized with the Locals because they're beastly commoners but it would be a mistake to pretend they don't exist. That after all is what helped ruin your skiing trips and dreams of a young Noah and Poppy attending the Lycée.
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear da lamentations of da Wimmin.
graceygirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby graceygirl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 am

Conan the Londoner wrote:
graceygirl wrote:Looking at the constituencies of people who voted for Brexit none of them are in the Nappy Valley area so alas I doubt posts like this have an impact.

Each to their own.
Oh I wouldn't say that. Clapham isn't only home to grasping, middle class ninnyhammers you know? I accept that most of the denizens from BTC don't actually socialized with the Locals because they're beastly commoners but it would be a mistake to pretend they don't exist. That after all is what helped ruin your skiing trips and dreams of a young Noah and Poppy attending the Lycée.
Conan Clapham voted to remain. That was my point. I'm a EU citizen by marriage so no issues there on dreams of the French alps.
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby monaco » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 am

I came back to this post thinking I could help with the question as I did indeed go to the French doctor on Harley street. Widsdom tooth removed very gently and without any pain at all so thanks for the recommendation.

I then realised that it was me who had posted the original question and that this thread came back alive because of the Brexit point.

Just wanted to say that I found it interesting that Papinian is so intent on making her point that she went and checked all my previous posts to see that I had mentioned at some point that I first moved here 20 years ago... I hadn't mentioned it in this thread.

What my previous post history didn't say is that I am married to a Brit, that I gave birth here on the NHS, that I am registered with a local GP and that's where I go all the time. I find the NHS brilliant for so many things, I just chose to go to a French dentist because of my specific medical history.

It would be great if people focused on the positive and helpful nature of this forum rather than regularly trying to come agressively at people. Frankly this is becoming very tiring...

It is this lack of tolerance and understanding that ultimately leads to Brexit views, not the individual behaviors of non-British people.
For stylish family holiday ideas in hotels and villas with pools, visit https://fromthepoolside.com

SWmummySW
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SWmummySW » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm

To focus on the positive side of this threat, I would also like to recommend Dr Bruno Delaunay or any of his lovely English colleagues ;) at Battersea Smiles! For more info, check out his website: http://www.drbrunodelaunay.com
It is so difficult to find a good caring dentist, so happy to share my positive experience! X
monaco
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby monaco » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:09 pm

Thanks SWMummy, great to have another local recommendation. I will try this next time (not that I hope to have another wisdom tooth taken out mind you!).

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.