Disliked FaceGym - FaceFit?

28 posts
Mummyjean
Options:
Share this post on:

Disliked FaceGym - FaceFit?

Postby Mummyjean » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Ouch!!! Tried FaceGym and S'fridges last week and really didn't like the experience. Lots of flicking and pinching done to my face which really needed some tlc not 15 rounds! I honestly expected a better result after reading all the hype so I'm feeling a little short changed (pardon the pun) to say the least.

Was given a flyer at the Ritherdon road street party last week (kids and I had a great time) about a treatment called FaceFit at ReCentre. As we are new to the area I was hoping to hear if anyone has given it a go?
ballsintheair
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Disliked FaceGym - FaceFit?

Postby ballsintheair » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:03 pm

Hi Mummyjean - I had a facefit last week and loved it. I've never experienced Face Gym so can't really compare but I've had facial treatments with Elaine before at the ReCentre and all have certainly felt like TLC. It's a really relaxing treatment and the new oils (I think they are made by local women too) are really lovely - Elaine gave me some samples to take home and I've been using them ever since. I've never really been a face oil fan but Elaine has really explained the benefits and I think I'm a convert! I drifted off during the session so super relaxing and I'll definitely have more. My skin was glowing afterwards - Elaine got me to look in the mirror straight away and I looked like I'd been on holiday. I love the natural approach to skin care and I think tis is some of the best around. Bonus that it's on the doorstep and you don't have to tube it home afterwards!
yogamum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby yogamum » Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Hi mummyjean
I had a FaceFit too and absolutely loved it. Never had anything like that before. Got asked if I had botox by my mate! I have one booked for this Friday- before a night out so hope it works as well again! The lady ( think it was Elaine too) was so lovely, it felt blissful and really did lift my whole face. Loved it!
I also bought the oils after as a result, they are called Rosalena, you can get them online. I had never used oils before for fear of looking shinny but these are great, absorb quickly, smell lovely and I have really noticed an improvement in my skin too. I like they are not hideously expensive and also all natural with no nasties. Just bought the unisex one for hubby for fathers day- not sure I will convert him but hey!
Endrick
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Endrick » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Hi Mummyjean,

I haven't tried FaceGym either but I've had two FaceFit sessions with Elaine and they are soooo lovely! I'm sure there is another thread somewhere on here about her incredible massage skills- definitely no flicking and pinching :) A real treat and very relaxing, plus my skin looked amazing afterwards.

I've also been using the Rosalena oils since November and I think they are great. They are made by two local women who are passionate about natural skincare and facial oils. I'm pretty choosy about what I use on my face as my skin can be a bit temperamental but so far I'm really pleased and think the oils have made a difference. My sister is also now a convert! I buy the oils/book facials on-line at www.rosalena.co.uk. Really hope you enjoy the facial if you decide to go for it!
Justine16
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Rosalena Face Oils

Postby Justine16 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:29 pm

Hi, I have been using Rosalena face oils for a few months now and I love them! They smell gorgeous. The oils just go deeply into the skin and it doesn't make your skin greasy which I thought it would do. I am now a convert and use the oils daily. I am so happy I found these oils and so is my face! You can order them online http://www.rosalena.co.uk

gchamier
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gchamier » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 pm

I can also recommend Rosalena products. The facial oils are light and non greasy, and stopped my skin feeling dry during the winter months when the central heating was on. They have a lovely subtle scent. Also, I took a sample with me on a long haul flight and my skin felt great. Must look in to the FaceFit next...
ClaireB
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ClaireB » Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:52 pm

I can also thoroughly recommend the Rosalena oils. I went to the launch where I bought Love & Me and Rock & Rose (all their oils smelled so wonderful it was hard to choose - I loved Frank & Sense too - will be getting that next time!) Likewise, I had previously assumed that oils would make my skin shiny, especially as it is naturally quite oily, especially around my nose and on my forehead, but not at all - on the contrary, the Rosalena oils make my skin look really healthy and feel fabulously soft. I can honestly say that choosing which one to use and then applying it gives me a moment's pleasure every morning - they really do smell divine - which is not something I have ever said before about my skin care routine! I also gave my 11 year old daughter a bottle of Love & Me as a present, which she loves and has been great for her skin too.

I have also been lucky enough to have a FaceFit session which was completely heavenly, so I can really recommend that too.
ashbiggs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ashbiggs » Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Claire - I too converted to Rosalena about six months ago and haven't looked back - not even for a second! I am in love, in love, with Frank and Sense - took him with me on holiday to Singapore and it was heaven after the harsh sun and even the humidity didn't make my skin melt or drip - didn't look or feel oily like I thought it would. Skin has improved ten-fold as well, never looks dry or dull anymore - no matter what the weather or how I am feeling.
Yogamum - it makes such a special gift! I managed to convert Dave into using Beauty and the Best - a big achievement as he refused to moisturise until Rosa! Booking a face fit session as I have heard all rav reviews and very excited.
luckymummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby luckymummy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:24 am

Love love love Elaine's facials, actually I have another one booked in this week. Seriously the closest thing to botox without having to go that route. There is something magic about Elaine and even my friends who never had facials before or don't enjoy them have been talked into a session with Elaine and come out raving about it. Yes she is now using Rosalena oils and I use them too, can't imagine using anything else now.

Alexis_Rowland
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alexis_Rowland » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:05 am

Where can this be found in South London??
ashbiggs
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ashbiggs » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:40 am

Alexis - you can find the Rosa team here - http://www.rosalena.co.uk
They also have really sweet Facebook and Instagram posts too.
yogamum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby yogamum » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

Alexis I went for my FaceFit treatment via the website, www.rosalena.co.uk but you can email elaine@rosalena.co.uk directly. She works out of ReCentre in Balham. Local is the new Black and all that. It really is a hidden gem.
Mummyjean
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mummyjean » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Oh how wonderful!....thank you all sooo much for the info.

Love the idea of trying Facefit and using a face oil that's not greasy or shiny. Luckymummy - I think you'ver sold it to me along with all the other amazing feedback, well sort of! I'm a real and utter woos, suppose a bit OCD when it comes to anything remotely intrusive but defo need an overhaul for my sun damaged skin.

Endrick, as you've had two sessions with Elaine, what does she actually do to your face? Sorry to sound like such a wimp again, but I really don't like any pain whatsoever especially those horrid extractions :-(

yogamum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby yogamum » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:46 am

Mummyjean it isn't intrusive at all. I know what you mean, I don't really like being touched and can find facials and massages bit intrusive sometimes. But trust me when I say Elaine is so sensitive and makes you feel really safe and totally at ease. She defo has a special energy about her. And it could not be further away from an extraction type of facial!
You mentioned sun damaged skin, I think Rosalena do an after sun oil in their range?
LisaA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LisaA » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:26 pm

I too went to the Rosalena launch and am a firm fan of this divine product. I gave the oils as Christmas presents last year and every recipient, without exception, enthused about how wonderful they were. Even my Alpha male husband uses and loves Beauty & the Beast. Great product, lovely packaging and even a neat philosophy: 'Pause, Breathe, Be ...'

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.