Present for neighbour after building work

3 posts
mumhug
Options:
Share this post on:

Present for neighbour after building work

Postby mumhug » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:45 am

Hello,

Just looking for inspiration. We are in an upstairs maisonettes and are finishing up on a loft conversion. Our downstairs neighbours have not moaned at all and been really accommodating. They've had scaffolding in their garden and in our joint front garden, and all the noise and disruption that comes with building work. I wanted to get them a thank you present - any ideas?
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Present for neighbour after building work

Postby supermummy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 am

Case/bottles of wine? Flowers? Voucher for dinner out. Small tree eg bay, olive/ lavender for their garden. Hamper of goodies eg carluccio's. Depends obviously on your budget. I'd have thought any of those would be enough of a gesture!
Daniele@hub
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Present for neighbour after building work

Postby Daniele@hub » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:54 pm

I think you always initially think a box of chocolates or flowers is a nice gesture, but I think personally if I were on the other end of a thank you present a dinner for 2 at a nice restaurant is a far nicer gift.

….. Or along similar lines but a bit more unique, something my partner and I have recently really enjoyed, is afternoon tea at any of the well known london Hotels ….. we have been to a few over the past few years and The Dorchester is by the far the most impressive.
daniele@hubkitchens.com
www.hubkitchens.com
020 7924 2285

Showroom
Oyster Wharf
20 Lombard Road
Battersea SW11 3RU

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.