Replacement double glazing sash windows

11 posts
madamex
Options:
Share this post on:

Replacement double glazing sash windows

Postby madamex » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi there

Has anyone used a great company to replace double glazed panels or replace/recondition wooden sash windows? Need someone to come to Wandsworth Common/Balham.

Many Thanks
KarolinaHernandez
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Replacement double glazing sash windows

Postby KarolinaHernandez » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi madamex,
I have worked with Chris Atkins and he was a lovely chap who did a great job on one of my sites (I work as a pm for a building company in SW).

https://www.atkins-sash.com

Reasonably priced and delivers quality, very transparent with all his charges so no surprises!

Hope this helps!
Kind regards,
Karolina

Follow me on Instagram
@thehomeprojects
madamex
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby madamex » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Thankyou!
jporjes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jporjes » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:57 pm

Hi
I have used Ayrton Bespoke - a lovely local company.(SW18).they replaced my windows, front door and bi fold doors..I did loads of research but went for them as they were so professional and offer guarantees for their work - they had very excellant reviews and all in all a great service and beautiful product

www.ayrtonbespoke.com
hope that helps
newmother
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby newmother » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:44 pm

I can also vouch for Ayrton Bespoke windows. They replaced every window in our Victorian terrace and did a great job. We booked in a quote, they arrived on time, provided the quote quickly and then delivered and installed the windows on the date they said they would. They did such a professional installation job there were zero snags post completion due to their own quality control procedures. If only the rest of our renovations went so smoothly..... Can highly recommend.

Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 am

Hi Madamex

Ayrton wrote a lovely guide for NappyValleyNet recently on replacing windows and doors

http://www.nappyvalleynet.com/10-import ... lacements/

Hope that you find it helpful!

Annabel x
madamex
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby madamex » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:34 am

Thanks everyone!
Motherslittlehelper
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Motherslittlehelper » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 am

Just make sure you don’t use wandsorth sash windows - we had draughts and quite a few cracked within 18 months outside. Cost over £1k to put right
roadsw123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby roadsw123 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:06 am

Also looking at replacing our windows (with the change in weather we are now feeling the single glazing in our new house!!). Other than Aryton (who I will contact to quote) can anyone recommend any other companies to try for comparison?

CDSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CDSW11 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 pm

I am having all my windows replaced this week. Happy for you to pop and have a look if you want.

I did an extensive research as I wanted to make sure I made the right investment. Ayrton seems to be NV's little "chouchou", and as Annabel always mention him they get an amazing PR.

Now it depends if you look for cheap or for quality, but I wanted quality and decided on Accoya wood. The wood is key to the windows. Ayrton don't do Acoya wood. So I had quotes from others who did them and it would be too long to explain why but we decided to gowith http://www.londonboxsash.com/ and are utterly happy with our new windows.

Now, we shall judge in 5 or 10 years really... but so far the service, efficiency of the staff, cleanliness, the detail on the product, the isolation (we felt it was too hot in the house tonight for the first time in 10 years!) are second to none.
vickymum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby vickymum » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:34 am

Hi Guys,

I thought i would let you know that we had our windows done by a company called Chapel Lane Sash Windows. www.chapellanesashwindows.co.uk
They were great and the windows look fab.
We got a few quotes, they weren't the cheapest but they were competitive.
Took them just under a week to install 9 windows.
It is much warmer and quieter and our whole house feels different as a result.
They are FENSA registerd which apparently is needed to get all your certificates etc.
I dealt with someone called Patrick 07886957354, really nice guy.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.