Plumber recommendations

10 posts
J-Piddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Plumber recommendations

Postby J-Piddy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:43 pm

Hey all, can anyone recommend a plumber please? Not an emergency call out...it's for a complete 'MOT' of our radiators and central heating. I know of Pimlico Plumbers (pricey?), and also Greenserve (mixed reviews lately so not sure).
Thanks!
SomethingForKate
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Plumber recommendations

Postby SomethingForKate » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:54 pm

I would always recommend Maintracts Services.

We had all of our plumbing work (bar the horrible loft extension) in our full house refurb in 2016 done by Maintracts, from a new boiler installation, new radiators, new water main etc. and Malcolm and his team are fab: http://www.maintracts.co.uk.

For any bathroom re-fits, they have a hidden gem in the way of a chap called Miertec - he pulled apart our old bathroom and left a stunning end result, completing all plumbing, installation, tiling and electrical work by himself to a high standard. I can't rate them highly enough.

SFK
J-Piddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby J-Piddy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:39 pm

awesome, thanks SFK!
FLH03
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby FLH03 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:08 pm

Some friends who own and rent, as landlords and tenants, are big fans of British Gas Homecare - you pay a monthly amount (like an insurance policy) but can then call on them for any regular servicing or ad hoc problems, boilers, central heating, electrics, drains etc depending on your cover.
My elderly mother, out of London, her boiler broke down last Winter, and as a result of knowing about them I told her to call British Gas, she called them out as a one off, and they got everything sorted.
Probably not the absolute cheapest option, but they have a big network and adhere strictly to all the relevant regulations. If you don't get other great individual recommendations then it might be worth considering.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:38 am

I used British Gas homecare once when my boiler broke down. The guy turned up, took a quick look and said that the pipe going into it was in breach of building regs, slapped a Do Not Use sticker on and left. It took me about thirty seconds to google the pipe and find it was perfectly ok.

BebeH
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BebeH » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:43 am

I am both a homeowner and landlord in Putney but they service surrounding areas. We use them for all properties Glow Maintenance. Don & Nigel and their team are very professional and reliable. 020 8607 0449
Witteringwest
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Witteringwest » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:06 pm

I have just had a new boiler fitted.
Following my requests for quotations, I chose Steve of Aquaheat, SW17.

The responders were all very knowledgeable and professional during the survey and pricing process, but Steve had the edge and his price sat squarely between the lowest and the highest.

It was a good decision. Steve and his Earl Grey loving colleague arrived (with their own tea bags) on time, created minimal disruption and completed their work like a well practised team - which they are.

Steve makes short videos of his installation and mine can be viewed on Youtube at :

New boiler-
https://youtu.be/e98KAjJDjH8
Filling hose-
https://youtu.be/qiAcnm6ibsk

I also had a new integral oven installed last week but I won't be recommending that crew :(
Catherine123
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Catherine123 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:19 am

I suggest you try Mike at 21st century plumbing heating and gas, office@21stcenturyphg.com 07578752606
Really lovely guy who knows his stuff, no call out charge and very honest. He was telling me last week he was called out for a second opinion on a boiler another plumber had said needed to be replaced, but he was able to fix it for a couple of hundred quid!
gymgoer
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gymgoer » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:33 pm

I use SW Plumbers. The owner Keir is excellent and they are fair. I had a new boiler installed 6 years ago by another plumber - not Pimlico but very pricey and they were a rip off . Keir has drained my system and fixed the boiler and stayed hours beyond the call if duty to do do . His number is 07805264770

John0080
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby John0080 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:16 pm

Hi I have used 020 services recently, and they were fine. They came to my place really fast and fixed my gas pipes. The owners number is 07450067020.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.