Recommended Estate Agents

8 posts
SJH Mummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommended Estate Agents

Postby SJH Mummy » Wed May 24, 2017 11:54 am

Probably been asked a hundred times already but we are currently with an Agent on Northcote road and we are thinking of moving to someone else.

Can anyone suggest an Estate Agent that doesn't charge extortionate fees and gets results (NB we don't have a 'BtC terraced house' so need someone to 'sell' our place.

Thanks
BTCdad
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommended Estate Agents

Postby BTCdad » Wed May 24, 2017 12:20 pm

Chestertons (Battersea Rise) recently sold a flat for me in record speed. I was very happy with the service received.
this_is_cat
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby this_is_cat » Wed May 24, 2017 1:07 pm

We've just bought (and sold), and in the process of looking for places, we found most of the Northcote Rd agents to be much of a muchness. Some were busier than others, which made getting viewers harder at weekends and we didn't appreciate being treated like an inconvenience when we couldn't do daytime mid-week viewings!

The only ones we found awful were Dexters. They don't include the gardens on their floorplans, and as a garden was important to us, I phoned a couple of times to ask what size the garden was only to be told 'if you want to know, make an appointment to view'
They were hopeless at providing any sort of information on the seller's position also. In the end, we just refused to view anything through them.
I can't imagine we are the only ones to do that, so you'd probably be limiting your buyer pool if you go with them.
Luilou
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Luilou » Wed May 24, 2017 9:12 pm

I had a good experience selling my flat through James Pendleton, Wandsworth Common last year....even when the first buyer pulled out after 8 weeks :shock: they worked exceedingly hard to find a replacement buyer which they did within 10 days and fortunately the sale went through to completion.
siqiuk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby siqiuk » Fri May 26, 2017 9:00 am

Depends on the price and house type. We have experience with a few locally for selling a freehold house around £1.5m. I would recommend hampstons. They are v professional, always try harder to work with you for improvement when possible (if not many viewings too start with, they will soot down with you to investigate and offer second photoshoots etc). They don't flood your door with viewings but their applicants who come on viewing are been pre educated well, so you don't waste your time to prepare the house with feedback like people don't like the layout etc.

Dexters and Winkworth are also good. They have slightly different tactic. They will bring as, many people in as possible to hit the offer.

Yes we find Dexters don't tend to include garden in their floorplan too.

Hope it helps. Good luck

Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nims » Fri May 26, 2017 9:54 am

We were looking to potentially buy somewhere just a couple of months ago, and Winkworths were the agents acting for the vendor - I found them very helpful indeed. They showed us round at a time most convenient to us, and their agent was very polite and accommodating without being too pushy. They have a large office on Lavender Hill (assuming your place is near there?)
Sadly for us, somone put in a higher offer which we couldn't match so we're staying put, but I came away being quite impressed by them in general.
actuallyadad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Fri May 26, 2017 4:56 pm

terrible experience with John Thorogood. Amazingly unprofessional and frightening incompetence given the sums of money involved. They just didn't care. Avoid avoid!
FLH03
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby FLH03 » Fri May 26, 2017 6:13 pm

Just goes to show that everyone's situation and personal experience is different - I was coming on to highly recommend John Thorogood! We obviously had a very different time to the last poster, this was 2 years ago we sold through them, our house was slow to get going, they gave us frank and helpful advice about making some changes.

We then got an offer, a fairly long chain assembled, and when our buyers then proceeded to completely d"*k everyone around with a massive price drop the day before exchange, and vanishing mortgage offers, sudden new surveys, it was Thorogoods who helped keep everyone calm, and drive everything through, there were tricky negotiations up and down the chain and my husband and I felt they really earned every penny of their commission and were a great bunch of people to deal with.

Each to their own, though. If you are selling it is worth getting at least three agents round to discuss marketing, sale price and commissions. The market is tricky at the moment, so everyone says - good luck with it all.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.