Lighting Designer - House Renovation

10 posts
Mum_in_London
Options:
Share this post on:

Lighting Designer - House Renovation

Postby Mum_in_London » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:40 am

Hi All,

We are undertaking a full property renovation and are looking for a lighting designer who can work with our plans to suggest how best to do the lighting - the different types of lighting (down light, LED strip etc) in the various areas, how to zone areas, number of circuits to have and the best fittings for brightness / warmth of light. We are also having a vaulted roof extension, so ideas on the best way to light this also. Keen to get someone involved early as building specifications are finalised.

Has anyone used a lighting designer, did you find them useful and could you provide a recommendation? Otherwise any lighting designers on here who could help?

Thanks
Kirstin
andy@runprojects
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Lighting Designer - House Renovation

Postby andy@runprojects » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:01 am

Hi Kirstin,

There are different options for lighting design, some of which can be very expensive and others that don't need to cost the erath. It depends if you already have some ideas or whether you're looking for a full design package (from scratch).

Mr Resistor, for example, offer 2 levels of advice regarding lighting which could be of use. They offer a full lighting design package which will give all all the CAD drawings and a full design (approx £1600-1900), or they offer a brief consultation (approx £100-200) which will give you some ideas and a list of suitable products.

We also offer an interiors service that can advise on the best use of lighting (as well as all other Interior elements) and help you source the right fittings etc. This would be a very cost effective way of getting advice on lighting (and other things) but wouldn't give you a full pack of drawings if that's what you're looking for.

I'd be more than happy to discuss it if that was helpful and see if I can point you in the right direction for your scheme.

Andy
(07980 544 809)
www.runprojects.co.uk
SparkyArmadillo
Share this post on:

Postby SparkyArmadillo » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:25 am

Hi Kirstin

We can help you with that. Armadillo Electrics has worked on many projects (using Rako & Lutron systems, for example) across Wandsworth & Wimbledon, advising clients and carrying out the work. We have great references on Checkatrade.

We'd be happy to have a look at your plans, if you'd like us to.

Ken
www.armadilloelectrics.co.uk 0203 137 6894 enquiries@armadilloelectrics.co.uk
Mum_in_London
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mum_in_London » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Thanks for the recommendations - will follow up with Run Projects and Armadillo!

Kirstin
Ensoul.co.uk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Ensoul.co.uk » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 am

Hi Kirstin, i would recommend you talk to a lighting designer before a lighting distributor/retailer. Once you have a lighting scheme designed by room/zone (i.e. general lighting, task lighting, architectural lighting, decorative, etc), you can then work out where the best place is to get the specific lights from to achieve the look. A great lighting design will transform your home renovation and highlight all the fabulous features you have designed into the property. I am happy to discuss if you would like, all the best, Mike Lander, Director, www.ensoul.co.uk 020 3637 0700

firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:45 am

Hi there, I've sent you a PM
lorrwa
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lorrwa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:47 pm

I'd agree with the lighting designer before going to the retailer. this lady gave us a couple of hours of her time, plus a written report and lots of ideas, for a very reasonable amount (can't remember how much but remembering thinking it was good value)

Katebeardlighting.com
Mum_in_London
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mum_in_London » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Thanks all for the additional recommendations on this topic.

Kirstin
mum_of_one
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mum_of_one » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:48 pm

Hi,

I am a local independent lighting designer with 15yrs experience and do a lot of work in and around the commons. My office is on Nightingale Lane and I would be very happy to discuss your project with you.

Do PM me if you want to get in touch.

Thanks,

Alex

kammoik
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kammoik » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:07 am

I need to house renovation as well. But, I will do it next year. I am just now collecting this related information. Because, I want to do this myself. I always keep a flashlight with me when I do this type lighting work. Although, I don’t know how to do it this type job thus, I am searching for the effective guide. Because, a good lighting guide can reduce total cost.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.