Basement Pump Service Company?

12 posts
sw11_
Options:
Share this post on:

Basement Pump Service Company?

Postby sw11_ » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:48 am

Can anyone recommend a good basement pump service company that doesn't cost the earth? I've been recommended PPS Group but they charge £42-£52 per month as a retainer and this seems a lot. Grateful for any thoughts. Thanks
thepea
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Basement Pump Service Company?

Postby thepea » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:26 am

we use http://www.basementsumpandpump.co.uk/contact-us/ they come once an year and its £160+ VAT.

Our washing machine is down there and they advised us only to use liquid detergent as the powder is not great for the pump apparently.
White&Lloyd
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby White&Lloyd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 pm

I believe that Estbury Basements now have a company called P3 Pumps who would do this.

Might be worth a call.

Will
London Basement Pump
Share this post on:

Postby London Basement Pump » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:23 am

http://www.london-basement-pumps.co.uk/ ... servicing/

We would be happy to help.

Basement pumps are all to common in central London homes nowadays.The industry growth of basement construction has vastly increased .

An important factor is that if your basement does have a pump that it is serviced regularly. The most common service interval for our clients is around 12 months .Our prices start from £179.00. Do visit our page or call us anytime. We are proud manufacturing members of the British waterproofing association.

Dont forget to mention Our friends @Nappy valley net and we would be happy to provide a further 10% discount.

LoveLondon..
Last edited by London Basement Pump on Wed May 10, 2017 11:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Alfie70
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Alfie70 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi

We used Pumps (uk) Ltd in our hour of need. Sam was really helpful and got
someone out as soon as he could, they weren't cheap, but when you have
water coming up through your basement shower and the smell of sewers
filling the house all you really want is someone reliable to fix it! Which
they did.

London Basement Pump
Share this post on:

Postby London Basement Pump » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:44 am

We would be happy to help.

Basement pumps are all to common in Central London homes nowadays.The industry growth of basement construction has vastly increased .

An important factor is that if your basement does have a pump that it is serviced regularly. The most common service interval for our clients is around 12 months .Our prices start from £179.00. Do visit our page or call us anytime. We are proud manufacturing members of the British waterproofing association.

Dont forget to mention Our friends @Nappy valley net and we would be happy to provide a further 10% discount.

LoveLondon..[/quote]
Last edited by London Basement Pump on Wed May 10, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Nims
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nims » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:29 pm

Whichever pump service company you go with, make sure you understand up front as to whether it's just them looking at it and giving the all ok, or whether any fixing of the pump(s) is also included in the price they offer you, should they find a fault.

Just speaking from experience, we paid a bit of money for one of these 'services' for them to tell us the pump wasn't working, that they couldn't touch it any further, and not offering any solutions apart from telling us to go back to the company that installed it. And charged us full whack. Not very helpful.
London Basement Pump
Share this post on:

Postby London Basement Pump » Wed May 10, 2017 11:37 pm

NIMS is in fact correct. The last thing a customer wants is to be charged for something that really has no value. For peace of mind, if our client wishes, we can provide a free health check prior to all our servicing options of your basement pumping systems. We are privileged to have gained lots of Happy Valley forum customers as a: Basement Pump Service Company.

PPS
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby PPS » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:56 pm

PPS manufacture 2500 basement pump stations for the basement market in London. We probably service your neighbours basement pumps! We operate 24/7, have fully stocked vans, we can service your pumps, replace parts and deal with unplanned work for a small monthly fee, in fact as long as you’re on the plan we offer warranty for life. We are now able to monitor your pumps 24/7 through our operations centre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uY6BmT4tqA
http://www.ppsgroupuk.com/servicing/service-plans/

If you think of it like this, when you go out for a meal, do you chose the cheapest? Sometimes, maybe.
It's the same for PPS, we offer better service, and peace of mind.

Motherslittlehelper
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Motherslittlehelper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:28 pm

I was told you should only need one service a year, especially if the pumps are fairly new.

PPS have cornered the London market and are making a small fortune. I think they can do a one off service for c.£300, but that doesn’t include parts etc.

It’s time for more competition in the market as even £175 seems a lot for an 60-90 min service.

If anyone else is using other servicing companies, please can you post what they charge
Wmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Wmum » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:51 pm

My basement foulwater pump broke 7 months after its service.
And the service just being a service I wasnt covered for anything. Paid for a new pump but I am considering a service agreement when the warranty expires.
When they break at 8pm on a Sat evening, the alarms are ringing and there is a strong smell of sewerage you need someone who will call you back whatever the cost...
PPS rang me back in 30 mins (there telephone number was on the alarm) but unfortunately I didnt have a service agreement.
CVFulham
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CVFulham » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:53 pm

I found this thread when I was looking for a new company to service my basement pumps. I read about London Basement Pumps here and decided to give them a try. Richard emailed me back right away with a quote and was very responsive throughout the scheduling process (we had to coordinate with my tenants). Highly recommend them. Much nicer to deal with than PPS!

http://www.london-basement-pumps.co.uk/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.