Wandsworth Sash Windows

11 posts
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Wandsworth Sash Windows

Postby supergirl » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 am

Hi everyone

Before i sign the quote and thus give the go ahead, i thought i would ask the community for the good, the bad and the ugly of Wandsworth Sash Windows.
We are about to replace all the double doors and windows so a rather large budget which i d like to spend with the right company.

Thanks for your help.
tooposhtopush
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wandsworth Sash Windows

Postby tooposhtopush » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:49 am

Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Annabel (admin) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:50 am

Just to add to this...I don't have any experience of Wandsworth Sash but our Managing Editor Charlotte had Ayrton and she's very happy with them.

Whatever you decide good luck!

:-)
golfwidow
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby golfwidow » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 am

We were about to do the same, before seeing the long thread on this topic on this site and changed our minds and went with Artisans instead

http://www.artisanscarpentry.com/aboutus.html

They were great, and because they are local and make the windows locally (which not all of them do), they were able to pop back quickly and make any adjustments that were needed after installation. Would highly recommend
claire.thomas119
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby claire.thomas119 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 am

I had work done with WSW and they were great, I saw the posts and was a bit concerned but I could not be happier. Both neighbours got their windows done with them after as well!!! I would highly recommend to anyone!

mumbelievable
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mumbelievable » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:40 pm

We bought from Wandsworth sash windows and a year down the line there are cracks in many of the window frames, drafts and gaps around the opening windows and they are not interested in repairing, after we spend £12k with them. Worst decision we made on our renovation.
Mel'saccount
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mel'saccount » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:47 pm

HI,

I have not posted on here before but thought i would let you know that we used a company called chapel lane sash windows. We actually found them on nappy valley.
They were great, really good value for money. Highly recommend! :D

Mel
alfiesmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby alfiesmum » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:36 pm

Just thought i would let everyone know that i also use Chapel Lane Sash Windows. We actually found them through Nappy Valley and gave them a call. The guys asked us if we would write a quick referral, and I have to say, another happy customer....

If you are looking to change your windows and you are in South West London i would definitely get in touch with them.

And thanks for all the other posts, really helpful! :D

Thanks
Jamie
CourtenayEA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CourtenayEA » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Ordered a new window and splash backs in March 2016, they were due to be fitted today, August 2016, they arrived and said the window was not ready. The splash back they are replacing now for the third time is because they fitted the wrong glass and it keeps cracking. I would never use this company again they are simply shocking and their customer service appalling. It seems there has been a change in the directors, I urge you to look carefully at this before giving them any money. There are lots of other companies out there, use Wandsworth Sash Windows with care.

CourtenayEA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CourtenayEA » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:42 pm

Lillypad wrote:We bought from Wandsworth sash windows and a year down the line there are cracks in many of the window frames, drafts and gaps around the opening windows and they are not interested in repairing, after we spend £12k with them. Worst decision we made on our renovation.
Dreadful company with appalling customer service.
SomethingForKate
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SomethingForKate » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi all,

I was holding off posting here until our windows were in but I can whole-heatedly recommend London Box Sash: http://www.londonboxsash.com!

Our windows are in and they're just stunning. The whole process from Jack popping around with his sample window and talking us through everything to then meeting us at their local factory and showing us through their manufacturing process to installation was so ridiculously issue-free, that it's difficult to articulate.

London Box Sash come up a little more expensive that some of the others we spoke to (but definitely not the most expensive) but they're worth it.

The guys are all chilled out but professional. The windows were done a good month earlier than planned and they were all installed within a week, completely hassle-free and they look fabulous! It was also great to deal with a local, family-run business.

Given we're doing a full house refurb and are facing issues with pretty much every other aspect of everything we're doing, these guys were a breath of fresh air.

Anyway, if you're looking for great sash windows, check out these guys and feel free to drop me a line to come by and check out ours as a reference installation if you're near SW17.

SFK

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.