Boiling water tap

Kitchens, bathrooms, decking and painting. Its all in here!
  • Author

Share this post on:

Boiling water tap

Postby madmillsy » Tue May 24, 2016 8:42 pm

We are embarking on a kitchen extension and will be fitting a new kitchen. We want to put in a boiling water tap. We'd like a 3 in one tap, so it is combined with normal hot/cold rather than 2 separate taps. Is Quooker the only way forward? Has anyone come across a gessi oxygen 98? Any advice/feedback greatly appreciated.

actuallyadad

Share this post on:

Re: Boiling water tap

Postby actuallyadad » Wed May 25, 2016 12:21 pm

unless you drink a lot of tea, I wouldn't bother at all. It's a lot of money and takes up cupboard space

actuallyadad

Share this post on:

Postby actuallyadad » Wed May 25, 2016 12:21 pm

unless you drink a lot of tea, I wouldn't bother at all. It's a lot of money and takes up cupboard space

AMumAtSW12

Share this post on:

Postby AMumAtSW12 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:52 pm

Hi Madmillsy, we have a Quooker, a small one with 1 litre volume. We do drink a lot of tea. It only does hot water.

At work we have the combination one. They are ok.

I am afraid I don't know anything about gessi oxygen 98.

We chose the quooker mainly due to its look. It looks much better than those at my office.

AMumAtSW12

Share this post on:

Postby AMumAtSW12 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi Madmillsy, we have a Quooker, a small one with 1 litre volume. We do drink a lot of tea. It only does hot water.

At work we have the combination one. They are ok.

I am afraid I don't know anything about gessi oxygen 98.

We chose the quooker mainly due to its look. It looks much better than those at my office.

mungomuffit

Share this post on:

Postby mungomuffit » Wed May 25, 2016 5:50 pm

A Quooker is not a waste of space or money - hardly takes up any space under the sink and it saves space by doing away with a kettle. My plumber suggested it and I was a really iffy as I'm not into fads and gadgets in general, but I love my Quooker. Yes, great for tea and coffee, plus being able to get instant boiling water for cooking pasta etc. Not cheap, but hardly cost anything to run. Get one! (sorry never heard of the other brand you mentioned).

whirlwind

Share this post on:

Postby whirlwind » Tue May 31, 2016 8:41 am

I am considering a Quooker tap too, but what is it like for boiling water for cooking (eg pasta, veg etc)? I don't drink much tea so my main use would be for cooking. I've used it at my MIL's house and haven't been impressed as it does splatter the hot water onto your arm etc while filling a pan, but my MIL has a weird setup so it's hard to know if it's a problem with the tap in general or if it's specific to her setup.

Stanza

Share this post on:

Postby Stanza » Tue May 31, 2016 8:42 am

Hi,
Quooker taps are amazing in the kitchen, especially if you have kids. Not so much for tea and coffee...I don't like the taste but for cooking there's nothing better!
I'm an interior/kitchen designers in Sw17 so feel free to call if you need any advice on this stuff. My name's Thea from Stanza ID and my number is 07984 491578.
Check out our website if you have a second... http://www.stanza-id.com
Best,
Thea

mungomuffit

Share this post on:

Postby mungomuffit » Tue May 31, 2016 10:49 am

they are excellent for cooking pasta etc - no waiting around for the water to heat up because it comes out at boiling temperature. Mine doesn't splatter. Another thing worth mentioning is that they have automatic child locks. I use mine for tea and don't notice a difference in taste... Actually gave my kettle away!

JosieJAY

Share this post on:

Postby JosieJAY » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:39 am

Best thing ever - couldn't live without it.

Ferrywind

Share this post on:

Postby Ferrywind » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:04 am

I don't have combination Quooker but the one on it's own. The cupboard space is minimal - a cyclinder about the size of a small fire extinguisher. And well worth it- means you don't need space kettle for a start and I use for everything in cooking- pasta, veg, stock as well as making tea. Everyone I know who has a boiling water tap loves it. But I will say that like you said the water flow is bit more 'splattery' than a standard tap - I've never had any problems as always put nozzle in the cup / saucepan and it does have a safety mechanism to stop kids from using it. I definitely recommend :)

phigoldenspiral

Share this post on:

Postby phigoldenspiral » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:21 pm

Love our Quooker. Doesn't take up that much space - like a litre bottle under the sink - (and you gain counter top space by not having a kettle!). Use it for coffee, tea, water for cooking, water for blanching veg etc. We actually got the house with the Quooker installed by previous owners, and if we moved elsewhere we'd definitely get one again. Ours is only hot water though as I think it's an older model.

dudette

Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:31 pm

I have to say I've never met anyone who owns a Quooker and says "I really wish I hadn't bought it. It's a real drag having instant boiling water. I'd much rather stand and wait for a kettle to boil, and if it's not enough to fill a pan, well then I love waiting for it to boil again."

LoveShoes

Share this post on:

Postby LoveShoes » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:41 pm

We had one fitted last week and it is fab. Had been thinking about it for some time. Was at Grand Designs a couple of weeks ago. Quooker were there so we had a demo and added it to our wish list. Our designer kitchen tap died again (3rd time) and needed replacing. so we decided we might as well get the Quooker. My one regret is that we didn't get one earlier - I drink a lot of tea. No the canister does not take up a lot of space. pic of my very untidy cupboard under the sink attached (hopefully)! Sorry haven't heard of the other supplier.
Attachments
IMG_0040.JPG

ripley

Share this post on:

Postby ripley » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:08 pm

I have a quooker and absolutely love it. It's not only useful for tea but also for quickly filling saucepans to cook pasta, vegetables etc.

Return to “House and Garden”