How to get rid of foxes

20 posts
sadialifestyle
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: How to get rid of foxes

Postby sadialifestyle » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:01 pm

I dont know if anyone has suggested this yet but have you tried one of those alarms that run of a very high frequence that only animals and young children can hear.

My husband got us one, you simply place them around your garden and turn them on at night, keeps the foxes away because they hate the noise they make. It brilliant because we cant hear it and our nights are left peaceful.

S
Lifestyle Design and Build

88 Clapham Park Road, London SW4 7BX

http://www.lifestylebyasq.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/LifestyleDB

tel 0207 720 3082
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:01 pm

Be aware, the key word there is young children. They hear it too and depending on their ear sensivity it can really upset and hurt them. I got first hand experience... One if my children had started to winge and cry a lot when we arrive at a friend house for a long w-e until we realise they had a high frequence plug (for mice, they live in the country). My other child was not affected but did seem better after we unplugged it.
non-fox-fan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby non-fox-fan » Sat May 27, 2017 3:07 pm

As a Croydon resident I may not qualify to use this site but it looks good, so here I am. Having been woken twice last night by fox noise, I went out into the garden this morning and found yet another hole burrowed under our neighbour's fence. I filled it with a goodly number of lumps of concrete from our old rockery. I topped it off with a (one-off, I hasten to add) drench solution of diluted bleach over the area; I will skip the wee but I might consider the lion-poo recommended in another post. Trouble is the foxes may be deterred from that entry but fences don't really pose any obstacles. I agree that deterrents should be pet friendly. I do hope that their present 'residence' will soon be dealt with! I also wish that feeding foxes, as with pigeons, in public places could be made illegal. :!:
leeann.thompson
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby leeann.thompson » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:55 am

You can buy Kion poo at various nurseries but I have tried it and it didn't work.
rooting4tooting
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rooting4tooting » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:05 am

from the .gov portal

Catch with cage traps and snares
You can use cage traps and snares to catch foxes.

You should check cage traps at least once a day to stop a captured fox suffering.

You shouldn’t relocate or release captured foxes. This will cause foxes stress by transporting and relocating them to an unfamiliar environment.

You must:

only use free-running snares, which relax when the animal is captured
check snares at least once a day
humanely kill any fox you catch while it’s in the trap or snare
release all other animals unharmed – except grey squirrels and mink, which you must humanely kill
You must not:

place traps or snares near a badger sett or where badgers are present
place snares in urban areas or public spaces
use spring traps
Shoot
You can shoot free foxes using a suitable firearm and ammunition.

You shouldn’t use firearms in urban areas for reasons of public safety.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.