Looking for a damp proofing company

6 posts
annaliesebattersea
Options:
Share this post on:

Looking for a damp proofing company

Postby annaliesebattersea » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:29 pm

Anyone got any good recommendations for a damp proofing company? We have some damp areas in our living room and a very damp cellar. Would love to get someone to come and have a look.

Thanks
HamptonsHamish
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Looking for a damp proofing company

Postby HamptonsHamish » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi

Kenwood PLC are a pretty safe bet. They are a big company - won't necessarily be the cheapest but they are good at making sure it doesn't come back
annaliesebattersea
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby annaliesebattersea » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Thanks for that tip. I will get them to come and have a look.
FLH03
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby FLH03 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:48 am

Hello, damp proofing can be one of those areas where quotes are vastly different (as to extent of problem and remedial work) and there are some rogues out there. Google damp proofing companies investigation by Which. The most important thing is to find out what is causing the damp, where is water penetrating.

Please get a number of quotes. My own local recommendation from personal experience is Damp and Timberguard on Nightingale Lane ( on the bridge by Wandsworth Common station). They have done a few jobs for us, they are local experienced and well established. There can be a bit of a lead time to getting a visit but that's because they are genuinely busy, in my opinion worth waiting for.
annaliesebattersea
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby annaliesebattersea » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:10 am

That's really helpful advice - thank you so much. I will give Damp & Timberguard a call and get them to come and have a look.

maryd
Share this post on:

Postby maryd » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:27 pm

We used http://www.checkatrade.com/EDTSurrey/ after several companies failed to pinpoint the problem - they were great - located and finally sorted the problem so happy to recommend them -:)
http://www.head2toemassage.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.