Recommendations for boiler or thermostat repair?

6 posts
Argon
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommendations for boiler or thermostat repair?

Postby Argon » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:50 am

Hello,
Our heat won't turn on and am not sure if it's the boiler or the thermostat or the radiators or what. Any recommendations for someone who could take a look please?
Thanks
MummyWalker
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommendations for boiler or thermostat repair?

Postby MummyWalker » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:01 pm

We just had Marc from Mark 1 Heating (07957 146585) fix a few issues with our heating system. He was very friendly, reliable, reasonably priced and very accessible (happy to speak to me in the evenings etc).
krystyna
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby krystyna » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:14 pm

A friend has suggested :-

It might be a stuck pin in the Thermostat Valve. This can be accessed by unscrewing the clamp under the Valve and lifting it off. The pin in the centre is spring loaded but sometimes gets stuck down (often when the Valve is turned off for long periods). With a pair of pliers, this pin can be pulled up gently. It is spring-loaded and only comes up about 3 or 4 mm. You can then press it down a few times to make sure it springs up every time.

Replace the Valve Head (set at highest number, maybe 5 or Max), positioning the number viewing bit so you can see it easily, rescrew the clamp, and set the Valve Temperature Number to your usual comfortable heat setting (maybe near 3). As your room warms up, the valve gradually closes. If still chilly, adjust number slightly, say to 3.5, until comfortable.

Hope this helps.
eleanormoon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby eleanormoon » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:03 pm

I was also having some issue with my commercial boiler then my friend suggested me to consult a boiler repair NJ professional for repair. The technicians repaired the boiler and also gave more information for boiler and thermostat maintenance tips so that the problem is avoided in the future.
davethomas99999
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby davethomas99999 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:54 pm

Make sure they are Gas Safe its the law, ask to see ID because many piggy back on others certificates in SW London!!

ally30_1998
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ally30_1998 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:47 am

Jeremy Dunnill is very good, and local.

http://jeremyplumber.co.uk/

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.