A MODERN WORLD - don't buy from them!

3 posts
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

A MODERN WORLD - don't buy from them!

Postby SabineMum » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:05 am

This is a genuine warning for everyone out there (although I guess it also helps venting a couple of months of frustration). I've had a lot of problems with this furniture & lighting company whose showroom on Lavender Hill you may know. I bought a few items from them at Christmas - one, a ceiling light, was at the expensive end and had to be redelivered three times as some pieces were missing twice, which we could just about work out given the Chinese-only installation instructions (there's clearly no quality check and the light might as well have come directly to me from the factory in China). The other two (some small table lights) I returned as they were to be Christmas presents but arrived two weeks after Christmas. I am still waiting to be reimbursed, the only person apparently able to authorise the reimbursement being the person travelling to Asia to place their orders - and clearly doing a good job with the quality check! They have been unhelpful, tricky, unprofessional, and I am left with no lights nor money. I suppose some people might call this daylight robbery. In any case, given all the difficulties, which I do not believe are circumstancial, I will never buy from them again as they simply can't handle a sale or the most basic of customer services.
JanetN72
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: A MODERN WORLD - don't buy from them!

Postby JanetN72 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:06 pm

Go to Trading Standards at Wandsworth Council they are very helpful . Good Luck !
SabineMum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: A MODERN WORLD - don't buy from them!

Postby SabineMum » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:38 am

Hi Janet,

Thank you for the tip. I've now filed a complaint, which I hope will lead to something as this company is an absolute shambles!
:(

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.