Postby Wuddle » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 am

Hello - can anyone recommend a roofer.

Many thanks
emily1976
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Looking for a roofer

Postby emily1976 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Hi try Dave he is a builder! He built our extension and still does the odd bits for us, produces some great work and is a nice chap. Call him or drop him a text! 07939581225. Good luck :)
breakfastattiffanys
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby breakfastattiffanys » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:08 pm

We used Merlin Truline Roofing and found them to be very good.
They're also a family run business.
Tel: 020 8395 6005
jonathan @ hamptons
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby jonathan @ hamptons » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi Wuddle, what do you need doing? We obviously get to see quite a few people in this business so if you let me know what you need I'm sure I can pass you some suggestions.

Jonathan
Jonathan Dyson
Hamptons International
98-100 Northcote Road
020 7924 2170
Kelly hair
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Kelly hair » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Hi there, Colin on 07816916820 is a fab roofer & builder
Kelly

Wuddle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Wuddle » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:37 pm

Thanks Jonathan

Leak from roof into top room - suspect its from a disused chimney which looks to have cracked so need someone to assess and repair.

Annie
LPNJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LPNJ » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Hi, we're looking for a roofer and I found this trail. Just wanted to ask, did you use any of the recommended builders and were they good? Thank you very much for your help!
Wuddle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Wuddle » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Hello

I used Paul Strank Roofing and was very pleased with them. Mid range on the quotes I received but came across much more professional than some of the others. No hesitation in recommending them.

Regards.

http://www.paulstrankroofing.co.uk
LPNJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LPNJ » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:59 pm

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly, and for the recommendation. I tried Paul Strank yesterday, unfortunately they said they were very busy and were only working in Wimbledon at the moment. Will remember them in case I need roofers in the future.

lalectrice
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lalectrice » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:06 am

We had quotes from four firms recently (including Paul Stranck, by whom we were also impressed). We ended up going with D&J Roofing and Solar (recommended on another NVN thread) who were similarly professional but a bit cheaper, and were v pleased with them - they were on time, on schedule and on budget.
LPNJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LPNJ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:09 am

Thank you so much lalectrice! Will definitely try the company you recommended.
kiwimummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kiwimummy » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:04 pm

a quick review of Paul Stranck for fellow NVNers - we had three leaks, and they quoted for one and said they'd look at the other two when they were there.

they didn't - I kept asking when they were going to look at the other two, but kept fobbing me off (the chap fixing the roof told me he wasn't a roofer by trade). they came to pick him up, and basically walked out without looking at me and drove off as I walked down to ask them. we tried to follow up, but they were profoundly disinterested.

mr kiwimummy then helpfully paid them in full without them ever sending us an actual invoice, which is why i manage contractors now.
Coffeegirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Coffeegirl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:11 am

We used D&J Roofing based on previous recommendations and it was a logistical NIGHTMARE.

5 weeks to get an appointment to quote,
5 weeks from then to get an appointment for the job
Paid a deposit to "fix" a date, that came and went with "sorry, running over, it'll be another 2 weeks"
Then, "sorry, can't control the weather, another 2 weeks"
Then, the scaffolder arrived and despite a site survey being done by D&J "sorry, need a license for the scaffold up front", that'll be another £135 for the license and guess what, "ANOTHER 2 weeks as you have now lost your slot."
Then, THE FINAL STRAW the scaffolder who was supposed to contact us to arrange removal of the scaffolding, turned up completely unannounced at 8am on a sunday morning and spent 2 hours banging and crashing around to the completely justified annoyance of our neighbours.

Total time spent on the job: 2.5 hours
Total time I spent spent waiting, chasing, emailing, grinding my teeth: 4 months

I think the work itself is fine but I would NOT recommend.

LPNJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LPNJ » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi Coffeegirl,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience! I hope your repair holds and you never have to deal with roofers again. I didn't use D&G roofing as they were not available, I must have been lucky! When I had the problem in January I contacted about 40 roofers with top reviews through check-a-trade, and none of them were available or interested. Eventually a friend of mine who was renovating her house asked her roofers and they came and resolved the problem.

The problem itself was caused by Aspect.co.uk's roofers when they were cleaning our gutters - they ripped part of the felt off which caused the leak. Even though we called them back they fobbed us off and gave us a quote for changing the front gutter (when the problem was at the back). So to anyone checking this trail, I would not recommend Aspect.

I see that Affleck were advertising their service. They were very prompt and professional but their quote was much more expensive than others. A friend of mine had a bad experience with them, I would recommend looking for further reviews before using them.
kiwimummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby kiwimummy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:52 pm

I called Affleck services today on the basis of their post above at about 11am, and they said they'd call me back but never did. I am really not winning with roofers of any kind. Any other recommendations gratefully accepted for roofers - still have two leaks to fix.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.