Loft conversion - can you recommend anyone

13 posts
DomsMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Loft conversion - can you recommend anyone

Postby DomsMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:25 am

Hi,
We are wanting to convert the Loft in our 1930's house in Balham. Can anyone recommend a good local company. Already met South London Lofts who we thought seemed excellent but keen to get another quote for comparison. Anyone had their loft converted recently and happy with results/timing and costs?
If so, please let me know.
Thanks
webfountainwebdesign
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Loft conversion - can you recommend anyone

Postby webfountainwebdesign » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm

Contact Philip at Nicholson Renovations - 020 7381 9149 or email philip@nicholsonrenovations.com. They can advise on planning as well as carry out the design and construction of the loft conversion
Pete @ WebFountain WebDesign
Maiyan1508
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Maiyan1508 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 pm

There is a new post on NappyValley of an job vacancy ad for a PA to an Interior Design Company -
sadialifestyle wrote:Looking for a PA (full time/part time) to do general admin work, answer calls, marketing and social media.

Company: Lifestyle Interiors- Design and Build
W: http://www.lifestylebyasq.co.uk

Salary to be discussed depending on experience.

Please send CV and cover letter to Sadia@lifestylebyasq.co.uk
Just had a quick look at their website, never used them before however they offer Loft Conversions too, probably worth having a look & getting a quote.
DomsMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DomsMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Thanks but I'd quite like a recommendation from a family who have actually had their own loft done. I have heard of some horror stories and also some great recommendations so would only ever consider someone who has been recommended.
F&F
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby F&F » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:47 pm

We just had our loft conversion done by Zoli and Laslo who head up 'Quality and Homes'. Lovely guys with lots of experience of loft conversions in London. Couldn't recommend them highly enough. They finished ours in November and I'd be happy to let you see it if it helped.

Oooops - I forgot to give you their number - 07717 175767! I don't believe they have a website. Please tell them that Jo from Rozel Road recommended you as they rely on receommendation rather than marketing. P.S. we are having them back to do some other bits to our house.
Last edited by F&F on Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DomsMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DomsMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks very much, I will look them up
SJ1979
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SJ1979 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Can highly recommend Simply Extentions.
Mrs Contractor Mum
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mrs Contractor Mum » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

In case you do go with South London Lofts, my neighbours across the road have had their loft completed by them and they did a fantastic job with minimal disruption to the rest of the road. Now thinking we might get them to do ours.
bamse
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby bamse » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:16 pm

I second south London lofts. We used them a few years ago & they did a great job. They were also by far the cheapest quote we got. We've also, more recently, used build London for a side return who were also very good. They did a side return for us but they claim to be able to turn around a loft in 3 weeks so good for minimal disruption!

DomsMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DomsMom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Great, thank you everyone!
audrey
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby audrey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 pm

We're looking into loft companies at the moment and I was under the impression Build London is the same company as South London Lofts.

Two of my friends used Build london recently and they were very happy, very good value for money. We might end using them, but at the moment I am still in research mode, getting recommendations and quotes.

Another friend recommended Hurlingham Developments, not the cheapest on the market I understand, but very good quality finish.
DomsMom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby DomsMom » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Yes, Build London and South London Lofts seem to have the same address so must be related :-)
Thanks for all the recommendations, much appreciated
erinisle22
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby erinisle22 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Build London and South London Lofts are definitely the same. We had them do our loft a year ago - very happy with it.
Basically you do the "deal" with South London Lofts and then you get allocated a project manager (he was the worst part actually) who manages different teams (carpenters, electricians, painters and decorators etc) to do the job - they all wear Build London shirts but are separate individual companies - I'd have the plumbers back and we've already had the carpenters back to do some cupboard building. Just watch the extras - they creep up as the "basic" package is quite basic.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.