L ecole de Wix

4 posts
ChloeValley
Options:
Share this post on:

L ecole de Wix

Postby ChloeValley » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:38 am

Dear all,
Ideally, I would like my daughter to go the the Ecole de Wix from the Moyenne section in the traditional French class.
Of course I would like her to follow the French system as being French myself in any schools if we don't have a choice.
She is at the moment at L ecole du Parc but unfortunately this school is not connected with the French system or part of the AEFE and it only goes up to the age of 5 years old. So if she stays until then she might have to go to an English school which will be very difficult for her as the two main languages at home are not English.
She has just been offered a place at La Petite Ecole Francaise In Notting Hill (this one is AEFE); this could be our only option to get into the French system. The school is too far from us and we should move to this area to make it work which is not good at all!
My daughter is also on the waiting list in Fulham and battersea l ecole des petits but it is very unlikely that she will have a space one day.
Any advice from parents who have been in that situation? Is it an option to stay at L ecole du parc and apply for the Moyenne section when the time comes? Any of you had a place offered?

Thank you!!
Northcote12
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: L ecole de Wix

Postby Northcote12 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:37 am

Hello, ecole du parc to then ecole de wix is a very common thing to do though there is no guarantee of a place. You should ask the headmistress there for more information.
Good luck!
Flolan
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Flolan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:46 am

You will need to apply separately to Wix as part of the Lycee francais and places are allocated to Wix (and other schools) based on their priority criteria (siblings, dob, etc). Unfortunately Ecole du Parc is not a "feeder".

However an alternative that is becoming more and more popular amongst French / bilingual families is Shaftesbury Park school. When will your daughter start school?
Shaftesbury Park has a bilingual (french / English) stream for few years now which is becoming more and more popular and receive excellent feedback There is also talks for the school to host CNED classes for families wishing their children to follow the French curriculum. If you live in the area, this may be a great alternative though the catchment for the bilingual stream seems to shrink drastically year after year due to popularity I presume.

Good luck!
ChloeValley
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ChloeValley » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:23 pm

Thank you all!
She will start in September 2018.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.