Have you got a child at Eaton House or Thomas's Clapham

8 posts
ConfusedInClapham
Options:
Share this post on:

Have you got a child at Eaton House or Thomas's Clapham

Postby ConfusedInClapham » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm a regular(ish) user but have name changed as my post is outing.
I have a place for my daughter at Eaton House The Manor Girls' School starting September 2018 - paid deposit etc.
She has just been offered a place at Thomas's, Clapham which was unexpected.
I think she would suit both schools equally and vice versa. I'm ambivalent as to single sex vs co-ed.
As such, am completely unsure which to go for. I've heard of the reputations of both, visited EH several times and Thomas's once (on assessment day). I liked both.
I also live slightly closer to EH.
Has anyone any thoughts on either of the above schools? In my position, what would you do?
If anyone has a child at either of these schools, I'd also love to hear from you, either via PM or below but actually would like to hear from anyone with an opinion either way.
Thank you.
Claphamconery
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Have you got a child at Eaton House or Thomas's Clapham

Postby Claphamconery » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:12 pm

We have a dd at thomas ‘s in Reception and are thrilled
with it so far. Dd slips into school and seems to be thriving there. It’s a very creative and forward thinking school.
It’s full on in that there are lots of activities and the days are full but I think the previous reputation as a hot house is out of date. Lovely kids, nice parents, lots of space and great staff (so far!)

Have also heard great things about EH though so I don’t think you can go wrong really! Big question would be do you want co Ed?
Bunnypigeon1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Bunnypigeon1 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:00 pm

I have one daughter already at EH and my second going in next September. Happy to answer any questions you might have. Overall we are happy with the school, my eldest has done very well there and is really thriving academically. It is pushy, but the pastoral care is great and the girls seem very happy.
Vhopeful
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Vhopeful » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:11 pm

We are at Eaton House and very happy, our girls love it. I would say go with your gut as to which school you preferred. We love the fact EH has a good focus on academics and it’s really very open, with the head and all the staff being approachable and happy to discuss any concerns you have. Another positive for us was that EH is quite ethnically diverse.
Out2pasture
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Out2pasture » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:54 am

my gd is about to start at ehtm. I've been eagerly awaiting the new website...which is still under development.
can someone tell me if ballet is on offer?

walesdavies
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby walesdavies » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:30 am

We have children at Thomas's in the middle school & we are VERY happy with it. We also had places at EH but chose Thomas's because of the co-ed aspect (we have a son & daughter). Overall that was the deciding factor for us - that & location as Thomas's is less than 500m away! Very happy to answer any questions you have via DM.
ConfusedInClapham
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ConfusedInClapham » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:14 pm

We have decided to go with Thomas's. Very happy to have finally made a decision although I don't think either option was a bad one.
Thanks all for your input.
Franklens
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Franklens » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Out2pasture. Just read this post and not sure if you have an answer to your question yet but yes the girls do ballet every week as part of the timetable in all 3 terms. They also have ballet presentations that parents are invited to attend.

My daughter is thriving in EH and we are thrilled with it.

Glad original poster was able to make the right decision for them - as you say two great school, either one would be a fabulous option.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.